One of the most challenging aspects of assembling a system is to hide the cables, making it look as clean and tidy as possible. Every enthusiast likes to have a good looking system and for modders this is considered a necessity. Ultra have always tried to satisfy modders, after all they are the company who first released modular PSUs. The m998 chassis we are looking at today is named after an old army vehicle and it is loaded with features, some of which are very useful.
Manufacturer features and specifications
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: Depth: 20.47", Width: 9.45", Height: 18.11"
- Drive Bays: 4 – 5.25" Bays, 5 – Internal 3.5" Bays, 2 – External 3.5" Bays
- Material: 1.5mm High Grade Aluminum
- Form Factor: ATX, EATX, Micro ATX
- Expansion Slots: 7 Standard Slots
- Case Fan Mounts: 2 – 120mm Fan Mounts
- Case Fans Included: 2 – 120mm Fans
- LEDs: Green – Power, Orange – Hard Drive Access
- Switches: Power, Reset
- All panels removable for easy, tool-free access
- Stainless steel finished removable Mainboard tray
- Includes Ultra’s Power Bar power distribution system
- Front eSata/Firewire/USB Audio ports
- Interior and Exterior finish
- Replace front Firewire/Audio/Microphone/eSata bracket with virtually any PCI slot-type bracket.
- Easy access front panel: 2 – USB 2.0, 1 – Firewire, 1 – Headphone, 1 – Microphone,1 – eSATA
Packaging and bundle
The m998 is supplied in a considerably large package which is fairly lightweight for its size. The cardboard box is thick and the case is secured between two hard Styrofoam pieces, this is secure as the aluminum chassis is lightweight.
Even though Ultra only bundled the necessary items with the m998 case, there are a lot of things you will find in the package. To begin with, there is a good manual, well written and illustrated, however the pictures could be larger. There are also several cables, necessary for the front eSATA port and the internal power bar (more on this unique feature later) as well as four wheels for the case, two of which have brake latches. Finally there are many screws and stand offs for installing your components in the case, some of which are black.