Antec are a company known by enthusiasts all around the world for their constant flow of high quality computer products. They manufacture some of the most popular chassis and cooling components with a great line of PSUs to enhance their catalogue. We recently took a look at their Twelve Hundred chassis, which earned our editor’s choice award and proved to be a great product.
Today we’re going to look at another case, the much discussed Antec Skeleton.
Unlike any other offerings we’ve seen from Antec the Skeleton is unique in every way. The Skeleton utilises a completely open air design, radically different from a traditional case. Antec has created something more akin to a test bench, attempting to bring the concept to a more mainstream audience. Hopefully the innovative Skeleton can live up to Antec’s reputation and prove to be a viable option for enthusiasts and overclockers.
- 4 Drive Bays
• External 2 x 5.25”
• Internal 2 x 3.5”
• Optional 4 x 3.5” side panel mounted drive trays
- Layered tray design for greater system integration flexibility
- 8 Expansion Slots with room for 11” graphics cards and multiple graphic card solutions, including NVIDIA 3-way SLI®
- Cooling System:
• 1 top 250mm TriCool 3-speed multi color customizable LED Fan
• 1 front 92mm HD cooling fan
- Motherboard: Supports Standard ATX, Micro ATX and Mini-ITX motherboards
- Front ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x FireWire (IEEE1394), 1 x eSATA, Audio (AC97’ and HDA compatible) In and Out
- Rack mount quality side rails for greater durability
- 0.8mm cold rolled steel component tray and high density ABS frame reinforced with 0.8mm cold rolled steel for durability
- No Power Supply included: To optimize performance of your Skeleton, your choice of power supply is crucial. Antec strongly recommends choosing from Signature or TruePower series.
- Unit Dimensions:
• 13”(H) x 14.8”(W) x 16.5”(D)
• 33 cm(H) x 37.6 cm(W) x 41.9 cm(D)
- Packaging Dimensions:
• 15.74"(H) x 18.11"(W) x 18.89"(D)
• 40 cm(H) x 46 cm(W) x 48 cm(D)
- Net Weight: 15.5 lb / 7.02 kg
- Gross Weight: 21.4 lb / 9.7 kg
Packaging And Bundle
The Antec Skeleton is packed in a black cube with pictures of the unit and little other information. Inside the box the chassis is padded with Styrofoam and protected by a plastic bag.
The kit is fairly minimal and the bundle only ships with necessities: Hard drive brackets, screws, wire ties, and a fan for the hard drive bay.
There is also an included instruction sheet which is brief and offers only a small amount of information. The lack of detailed installation instructions and presentation clearly illustrates the target of the product.