Cooler Master have a great reputation with enthusiasts mainly because of their high end cooling solutions and chassis designs but they also offer many other products, such as high end power supply units. They have been one of the most aggressively expanding companies in the PSU market lately, releasing many new products and unveiling several new series.
Today we will have a look at a unit from their ultimate performance range, the UCP 900W. The UCP (Ultimate Circuit Protection) series is designed to offer the best possible electrical performance and reliability to the most demanding of users. Today we will find out just how good the unit is.
Manufacturer’s Features & Specifications
- VRM (Voltage Regulation Module) Circuit offers high efficiency and Power density.
- Compliance with the newest Intel standard ATX 12V V2.3
- Compliance with the newest SSI standard EPS 12V V2.92
- Ultra-silent operation with intelligent 120mm fan speed control
- Eco-design for energy and money saving by Active PFC.(>0.9) / high efficiency(>88%)
- Power Failure Detector will light up when OVP /OCP / OPP / SCP / UVP /OTP occur
- Soft-start circuit A protection mechanism that limits the input inrush current by delaying the actual power-on of the PSU to prevent damage to it.
- Green mode PFC control circuit by intelligent PWM power conversion
- By using a single 12V switching circuit design you get a more efficient AC to DC conversion which leads to an overall more efficient PSU