Sony Computer Entertainment and Polyphony Digital just announced that there will be three different editions of Gran Turismo 5 available in Europe and Australia when it launches this November. There will be a Standard Edition, which is just the game, a Collector’s Edition, which will come with a driver’s magazine, artcards, a vehicle pack and more, and the Signature Edition, which will come in a steel case, and which will contain a model car, a Gran Turismo leather wallet, a coffee table book, USB key, two car packs and more.
The Standard Edition has a recommended retail price (RRP) of AU $119.95, the Collector’s Edition has an RRP of AU $129.95 in Australia and 79.99 in Europe, and the Signature Edition will be AU $299.95 in Australia and 179.99 in Europe.
This eye-catching edition comes with plenty of added horsepower inside its high-end collector’s box. As well as the game itself, you’ll get:
* Exclusive Special Edition inlay sleeve art
* 200+ page ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine with hints on driving technique, car tuning, future technologies and more
* Five Collector’s Edition artcards featuring exclusive artwork
* In-game ‘ChromeLine’ vehicle pack: five performance-enhanced cars ready to race
* Exclusive dynamic theme to customize your PS3 XMBSignature Edition
This luxury edition puts the pedal to the metal as soon as you open its contoured steel case which is finished in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ‘Obsidian Black’. As well as the game, the ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine and the ChromeLine car pack, you’ll get:
* An exclusive, branded Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 1:43 scale model car
* A Gran Turismo leather wallet and metal Gran Turismo key fob
* A Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo
* A bespoke Gran Turismo 5 USB key with a trailer showing the collaboration between Mercedes-Benz and Polyphony that brought the SLS AMG to screen
* Six additional in-game ‘Stealth’ cars including the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and a dynamic theme
Sony will be running a very special competition for those that buy the Signature Edition (and are over 18, with a valid driver’s license), namely, the chance to win a real-life Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG your very own gull-winged, 6.3-litre-engined supercar.
This competition will be running in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Czech Republic, Russia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UAE and Saudi Arabia, and will combine in-game and real world driving challenges. Full terms and conditions will be made available at www.gran-turismo.com/http://www.gran-turismo.com/