DICE has released a massive patch for the PC version of Battlefield 4. You see, despite the game being several months old already, it is still ridden with many bugs that pretty much destroy user experience, especially in multiplayer. However, this new patch promises to rebalance almost all the weapons, clean up the remainder of the mess (bugs), as well as bring performance improvements for AMD cards with support for Mantle, provided you are running the latest Catalyst 14.2 drivers.
Here’s the changelog:
- Mantle now requires Catalyst 14.2 or later drivers.
- Fixed multiple crashes.
- Fixed memory leak when switching between windowed and full screen.
- Optimized memory management which can reduce amount of performance stalls when video memory is overcommitted.
- Improved performance when vsync is used.
- Fixed bug with offset mouse cursor when using full screen and horizontal windows taskbar.
- Multi-GPU: Added initial support for frame pacing for smoother frame rate in full screen mode, enabled by default. Can be disabled in console / User.cfg with “RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 0”.
- Multi-GPU: Fixed black screen when starting on machine with multiple GPUs where the weakest GPU has the display attached to it.
- Multi-GPU: Fixed intermittent crash when switching between windowed and full screen mode when having multiple GPUs