2013 PAX USB discuss thread talked.

Discussion in 'PAX Download - USB Series' started by Robert McClelland, Apr 5, 2013.

1. will9895

will9895 New Member

I've noticed that the sound from my X-Fi USB surround 5.1 Pro (at maximum in all settings) is much quieter than a CD player at any given amplifier volume. Is this a quirk of the software or does the hardware just produce a smaller signal?

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Think both like I said I never own usb card before.

3. die_braut

die_braut New Member

AW: 2013 PAX USB discuss thread talked.

I successfully installed the latest drivers for my SB1090 (5.1 not pro). But now, I don't have any subwoofer sound any more. Only when I execute the windows speaker test, the sub "booms".
    In the Creative Control Panel, there is no option and in the windows speaker settings, I can see Bass Management but there is no button to select this.

How do I get my subwoofer to work all the time, set crossover freq, etc, like with the stock windows drivers (which produce shitty sound)?

---EDIT
    : Got it using your custom control center. Thanks for your amazing work!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  4. Jlove3184

Jlove3184 New Member

Guys I really need your help. I had a USB Surround 5.1 non pro card. I upgraded to a Sound Blaster Z. Had it running for about two months. I noticed that the sound to me especially in the bass did not sound as good as my Creative USB Surround 5.1 non pro card. So I uninstalled the drivers and apps for the SB Z card. I reinstalled the drivers and console launcher for my non pro USB Surround 5.1 card. When I installed the drivers and software, during installation I seen this image below. I get this for the driver also. I thought nothing of it, but then when I try to run Creative Audio Control panel or Console Launcher it says "this device is not detected, click ok to close." Ive been so frustrated with this issue. I've tried everything I can think of. I uninstalled using driver sweeper, I've used CCleaner reg cleaner, Revo Uninstaller Pro. When I used Revo it says something about cant find in C:\Programs. However I then scan with revo and it does find the remnants and deletes them. Now when I've rebooted and reinstall the drivers, I get the same message....Setup has found the same version of Creative Audio Control panel. If you choose to continue, setup will uninstall this version and replace with the same version. Now how can this be if I just unistalled the drivers and software using these methods via driver sweeper, revo uninstaller pro, cccleaner. Anyway when I run the app again I get the same message "Supported device not detected." But I know its the right device cause it installs perfectly on my laptop. Please help guys.

5. Robert McClelland

Try delete your folder and used driver cleaner.net which is worth it see if fixes your issue.

6. Jlove3184

Jlove3184 New Member

Yeah I tried that as well. I used drivercleaner.net in safe mode. And I searched for every folder I could find that had the name Creative. Deleted the folders I found and still have the issue. It seems like when the Creative apps get installed onto your system, its dug so deep in the system that even if you do all the above methods via driverclener.net, driver sweeper, etc,,theres still some ramnents still left in the system somewhere. And thats the problem I'm having. I really wished Creative wouldn't dig itself in the system so damn deeply. And atleast create an uninstall tool that fully uninstalls its drivers and apps. Cause my problem still exists.

7. Robert McClelland

You try check for error threw on hard drive? Full scan?

8. Jlove3184

Jlove3184 New Member

I have an SSD. I doubt very much thats the problem.

9. Jlove3184

Jlove3184 New Member

I did scan the SSD for errors and it came up ok. No errors. I guess the only other option is to reformat and reinstall Win 7. I really didn't want to do this, thats why I was asking for help.

10. jiaoting

jiaoting New Member

driver for win8.1??PAX USB Sound Blaster Series 2013 V1.00.7z can't install for win 8.1

11. Robert McClelland

we all waiting on new drivers bud. Did you try disable driver sign go threw device manager that way?

12. Viggen66

Viggen66 Member

Just installed on Windows 8.1, finally MS has disabled driver sign, it's a lot easier now, you just have a warning telling you that it is a non signed driver and if you want to continue, just press yes and you're good to go.

13. Marboskovich

Marboskovich New Member

hey guys, as you might guess - i have a problem :)
    i just bought a usb sound blaster x-fi suround 5.1 pro with sbx, not thx (though there is no real difference as i came to understand) and the pax suits just won't install. i tried every one there is in the usb-section but every time i get the error-msg that there is not supported device found/installed on my system. i got it working with the original drivers from the cd + the custom console launcher but still the bass is missing ... any ideas/solutions
    i am using a teufel concept e magnum power edition - got a used one from a friend

all i want is real 5.1 surround sound for my mkv's and therefore bass is needed

EDIT: in my gaming rig i also use an x-fi + the teufel - there i needed to activate "bass-diversion"? (bass-umleitung) via the thx console to get it to work properly
    EDIT: WIN 7 Pro 64Bit, hp probook
    EDIT: i tried the installation with every possible starting point: with win drivers, with creative drivers without drivers(clean&dirty)... did i miss one?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  14. Robert McClelland

Pax suites aren't for your card you have used my usb sets. Did u a disabled driver sign?

15. Marboskovich

Marboskovich New Member

up until now there was no need to directly disable it, it just asks if i want to install anyway. so my guess is that this is of no real relevance
    any other sugestions?

just to be clear, i doesn't even let me install anything. it just gives me the above mentioned error
    regards

EDIT: it is disabled ... still the same though

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  16. Robert McClelland

Which one? Remember i don't own those cards to test the inf on :).

17. Marboskovich

Marboskovich New Member

when i try to instal the PAX Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro 2013 V1.00 it tells me that there is no supported hardware found on my system. but that ist the exact card i own: Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro (Model SB 1095) "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this setup program. Setup will exit" the card is properly installed - i am using it! though without bass i tried the other usb packs as well with the same result

18. Robert McClelland

Did you try installed with driver setup instead main setup?

19. Marboskovich

Marboskovich New Member

i did ... same result

20. Robert McClelland

I'll rework the set again :) later.