2018 FIFA World Cup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by MIG-31, Dec 1, 2017.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Well it is not to far for the 2018 Fifa world Cup held in Russia, Here are the group stages and schedules for the event. Are you happy with the draws ?

Any comments on the draw (And future Results or issues) can be discussed here.

group 1.jpg

group 2.jpg

2. Calliers

Calliers HH's Man In Black Staff Member

Hard to say who will take the cup, there are a lot of strong teams there.

3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

We stayed a bit longer in the office to watch the draw. We (Serbia) did okay, considering that we were in the fourth pot. We were the highest rated team in it, so that was in itself a bit unfortunate, but with that in mind, our group, E, is okay: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica and Serbia.

I think that we have a genuine shot at getting to the second place. Switzerland and Costa Rica are both playable and, while they are a huge favourite, out of the major teams, we've probably had the most success against Brazil (whereas, on the other hand, Argentina and Netherlands always gave us a proper thrashing).

If we do progress into the knockout stage, we'll almost certainly be playing Germany and our chances will be slim.

4. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

For myself I am pleased that England has drawn Belgium in the final match. I think that the performances over the qualifying rounds were amateur at the best. It's been that way for many years.

We do have some good individuals but as a team they don't show up.

England to win the World Cup, no chance in my life time.

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Well, the first team I usually support other than Greece who didn't make it this time, is Italy. But Italy also didn't make it, for the first time in what...60 years or something. USA also didn't make it...So I guess I am going to support Argentina and Japan.

As for England, I really have no reason to believe they will do anything good this time around. For some time now they are just...losers. Which is a shame as they don't carry the love and support of their people and show almost nothing of their talent. Perhaps they should just fill the national team with players from the lower leagues who have more passion for the game.

It's going to be a difficult cup.