@#%$^

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by Trusteft, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I was a passenger in a taxi. This is the short (and obviously translated) version of our discussion. That was almost 3 hours ago. I am still pissed off.

D = taxi driver
    T = Trusteft

D: I might lose my house

T: ...

D:I got 90K (euros) from the X (a government funded organization which provides money to some families to get a place to live, too lazy to translate their name) and I bought a house (not sure if he meant apartment or not) and now I can't pay it back.

T: Was the 90K a loan?

D: No, but the extra was.

T: What extra?

D: I got a loan to add to the 90K

T: So while you didn't have enough income and you were looking to buy a place for your family, you decided to get a more expensive apartment (90K can get you a good one during this crisis), rather than get one for the 90K you had for free?

D: Yes, I blame the X.

T: You blame them for giving you free 90K ?

D: Yes, they should know I can't pay back the loan.

T: But the 90K you didn't have to return to the X.

D: Yes.

T: So you blame the X for giving you free 90K, which you used to get a loan from the bank, to get a more expensive place?

D: yes they are fucking stupid.

T: ... Don't you see it was your fault that you didn't buy one for 90K and instead chose to get a loan on top of that?

D: (after 15 sec of not saying anything) I guess you are right, it's my wife's fault,she wanted this. I am telling her to stop paying the loan, that will teach them.

T: (facepalm)

D: they are all thieves (politicians)

T: They all look more for their own bank account first.

D: Not all, just the three first parties.

T: All.

D: No, just the first 3.

T: (At this point I just knew what he was going to say and remained silent hoping he won't say it)

D: I am telling you, in the next elections I am going to vote for golden dawn. (the nazi party of Greece)

T: People who voted for the current government because they promised the most, consider voting for GD, will you not learn from past mistakes?

D: They are different.

At this point we reached the destination and I just told him goodnight.

Idiocracy all over this fucking world.

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I would have just nodded, there's no point in making arguments in those situations.

Where I live, 90k buys you around 60m², which isn't that comfy for a family with children, so, under those parameters, I could understand the temptation to add maybe 15-20k and get something bigger (i.e. one extra room for the kids). Obviously, it backfired and he shouldn't blame anybody but himself, because nobody twisted his arm (except maybe his wife), but it's easier to be angry at the world and vote whichever party angry people vote.

3. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Lesson of the day? Don't marry women that want too much. That and don't make stupid decisions with your money.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Government gives away money to buy apartments?

Calliers likes this.
  5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

There are very specific rules etc for it. No idea what as I don't want to get anything from them.