1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

3DMark2000 Revisited on HD4870x2 and Win7

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Judas, May 21, 2009.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

OK, i've been dieing to see this sucker run for quite some time, as it hasn't worked for me (installing wise) since windows xp sp1 or 2....

anyways..... it's close to if not already 10 years old. using DirectX 7 tech.

For a program that is 10 years old, and after running it, why does the demo mode look better then some of the games we've got today..... this just kinda blows my mind. While it looks horrible in some cases granted.... some of the visuals are still today, very awesome and nonexcistant in some games today.... or so paluted with effects you never get to see them perhaps..

anyways..... running default benchmark

[​IMG]

[​IMG] of a specific poor scene in comparison to others....

and anyone else wanted to give this a go... you NEED to download the already installed folder....

i've uploaded it here MadOnion.rar Download File

download.... using winrar extract to any location you wish and MAKE SURE TO set 3dMark2000.exe to use windows 98/me capability mode and run as admin...

have fun.... don't forget to change the settings if you want to view the demo... oh and also set your fsaa and anistropic filtering for the program if you going to view the demo.
  2. Judas

i like this one... looks slick animated though..

[​IMG]
  3. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

i always think of a Van Halen album when I see the second one

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  4. Judas

lol yeah!

obviously you had no problem downloading and running 3dmark2000 ;)

not bad considering that at work, i used Win7's Virtual PC to install windows 98se which i then downloaded and installed 3dmark2000, then compressed into a RAR file and uploaded to filefront so that i could then access that file with windows 7...

Microsoft needs to implement a way to transfer files in and out of virtual PC....
  5. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

OK I will bite :D

This ran fine under Vista and Win7 setting compatibility mode to XP SP2/SP3 respectfully.

This I ran under Win7 RC and to go further with it I will have to switch to Rivatuner or another program as I maxed out overdrive on the CCC @ 850/1100 on my HD4870.

Attached Files:

6. Judas

just a fyi....

the only time it appeared that the dual gpu's were running was during the multi texturing tests. Kinda unfortunate...

but then again getting over 1800fps in some of the initial tests is already pretty damn rediculious
  7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

I ran this on Vista this morning while I was packing my lunch and stuff. Same settings as Win7 I haven't touched my BIOS settings since the last test.

An old benchmark and not sure what it proves but what the heck it took 6 minutes :D

Attached Files: