7/22 PAX_AZT_PRELUDE71_2013_V1.00 unable to be installed

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Auzentech Series' started by icewill, Jul 28, 2013.

1. icewill

icewill New Member

7/22 PAX_AZT_PRELUDE71_2013_V1.00 driver unable to be installed

Hello Robert,

Thanks for the hard work and I love your drivers!

However, I was not able to install the driver from the newest. Device Manager prompts me that an error was encountered during the installation process.

I'm using Windows 8, and also under the Disable Driver Signature Mode.

Unfortunately I deleted the V1.00 from earlier so I had to install another one from you a while ago, and I succeed in doing so.

Could you please look into that in your free time? Thanks again.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Re: 7/22 PAX_AZT_PRELUDE71_2013_V1.00 driver unable to be installed

Did you try go threw device manager? Let me know I may have redo it would see it will have wait to Monday :).

3. icewill

icewill New Member

Thanks for replying and sorry for the delay.

Yes I tried to install it through device manager as well and it didn't work.

Am I the only one having this issue?

4. Robert McClelland

I will rebuild later on.

5. icewill

icewill New Member

Looks like I'm the only having this issue since no one else is reporting.

I tried to install it again with a newly installed Windows 8 Pro, still the same thing.

Unfortunately I deleted the older version of your driver which I believe was V1.35 2012, I could not download it back now. Is there any other versions I can get just for temporary use?

Thanks Robert.

6. Robert McClelland

They need release drivers for win 8 only way fix this I could try redo the set again I highly doubt it may not work.

7. Mr-Zizz

Mr-Zizz New Member

I have the same issue as you they don't install either under Windows 8 x64.

I had to revert to a driver dated 5/17/13 PAX_AZT_PRELUDE71_2013_V1.00.

8. icewill

icewill New Member

I don't have that one I deleted it already. :sigh

Any chance I can download that one anywhere?

9. Solidyote

Solidyote New Member

I wasn't able to install it as well.. On windows 7 x64 Professional. It just doesn't do anything at all when I begin the install. I tried both from the device manager and from the installer.

I'm using the drivers that came with the card right now.
    Interestingly, these are the only drivers that never did the pop, and loud electrical noise thing that the newer version did.. Was there ever a fix for those, btw ?

10. BuckoA51

BuckoA51 New Member

Sorry just noticed this, I am having issues as well but have created a separate thread.

11. Robert McClelland

I'll updated these sets soon also I got one more tweak to add to set then be great again.

12. Partizan

Partizan Fun loving criminal

I'm also having problems installing the driver :(

13. Weedman445

Weedman445 New Member

I fixed your installer issue Robert. It had nothing to do with creatives lack of windows 8 drivers. You wrote into the inf to copy two files from the vista/win2k folder. That did not exsist. PAX.BMP, and PAX.ICO. This should fix the driver for windows 8 and 7 as long as driver signing is off. just make any two files and name them that. Personally I took the pax.ico and pax.bmp from the winxp folder.

To be clear the files that need to added reside in this folder "Drivers\vista\win2k_xp" You need to add any 2 files with the name PAX.BMP and PAX.ICO.
    I took my two copies from the the installer's "\Drivers\xp\win2k_xp" Folder and dropped then into the vista one and Boom. Working drivers that install perfectly fine. Your Welcome and pax. You shoudl check your work more carefully this has been an issue now for almost 6 months for 2 simple files you forgot to add to your archive.

14. Robert McClelland

15. Mr-Zizz

Mr-Zizz New Member

I can confirm this aswell followed your instructions and the latest drivers install perfectly on Windows 8.1 x64

Well done for finding the issue.

16. BoseRoHS

BoseRoHS New Member

Never had this problem installing the PAX_AZT_PRELUDE71_2013_V1.00.7z driver pack. You must have had a corrupt download. I just reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 on a new ssd drive with the same driver pax (which were archived on my storage drive) when he released these.

Anyway, I'm still experiencing sound cutting out or completely vanishing until having to reboot twice.

17. click4dylan

click4dylan New Member

i'm about to throw my prelude in the garbage bin, it has been nothing but a problem since day 1. every Open AL game in the world that uses EAX does nothing but crackle and pop (DPC latency), and directsound3d games using alchemy do nothing but crackle and pop. the audio cuts out randomly until i reboot, multiple times per month. and in recent months the audio jacks are loose and i have to wiggle the wires because it gets staticy or channels cut out. not to mention, if my computer ever crashes for whatever reason (usually overclocking my RAM or CPU which is fairly rare), the sound card puts such a loud screach into my speakers that you can hear it from down the street. i'm amazed my speakers aren't blown yet. and when i was on an AMD cpu, the drivers would regularly BSOD my machine when playing san andreas with alchemy

18. Robert McClelland

I'll redo them this week

19. BoseRoHS

BoseRoHS New Member

To say the least, I was using Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.10, for a few weeks, before I updated to Windows 8.1, both distros worked great with the Pulse audio drivers installed on the Prelude card. I never experienced vanished, dropped or cracked sound.

I've never tried the Pulse Audio drivers with Windows, not sure if they're available.

Find it very frustrating, like most, that Creative makes NO EFFORT to help their customers out and update the drivers. Wish someone would just file a class lawsuit.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  20. deeselcyde

deeselcyde New Member

I've tried everything in these threads to install my prelude on windows 8x64. I followed the instructions to disable driver signatures and the install hangs up at 79% every time. Any help?

I have been trying to use the stickied drivers and copying and pasting the two files from the xp folder and pasting to the vista folder.