1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

AMD + Physx Possible?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by CDsDontBurn, Apr 18, 2012.

1. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

I'm just curious about this. I'm pretty sure the answer is no and I only found one semi-relevant article about this HERE. And even that article doesn't really state anything other than "not now" pretty much.

I'm curious because I have a GTS450 I got back from doing an RMA recently (overkill I know for Physx), and I plan on getting a mid-range 7xxx series card soon.

So, if it's supported, how easy is it to set up? If it's not supported, then how much work is it to "hack" the OS/drivers to make it work? That is, if it's worth it.
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

yes and no... i first tried this and got mixed results.. mostly failure.. then further down the line after more updates. managed to get it working relatively easy... windows 7 required

oventually i found it was just less problematic to not bother.
  3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

There's one set of Nvidia's drivers that allowed you to do so, not sure how their age affects their PhysX performance. Other than that, there's the unofficial route. I'm not sure how much hassle it is, but it's been there for a while, so it probably does something right.
  4. Liqourice

Liqourice New Member

You can make it work, just google for it and you'll find plenty of information on how to do it. However, from what I've heard it's not really worth it. It works well with 3DMark Vantage but in games not so much.
  5. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

Cool beans then. I'll probably just end up selling the card or using it somewhere else later on then.