Android 7 sucks.

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by Liqourice, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Well, at least in part.

I don't know for sure if this is due to Android or if it's Sony that's messed this up but after the update I can't get rid of the drop down (or quick view or whatever it's called) notification without turning all other notifications off.

This worked great in Android 6 on my Xperia XZ. I could turn that off and still have sound, flashing light and a menu bar icon on the lock screen. Now it's all on or all off and I hate it since it means I have to unlock the screen to see if I have any notifications.

I want to turn that single thing off because it's really annoying that it drops down in front of things I'm doing. Surfing or gaming or whatever.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

The galaxy S3 with nougat seems to work quite well.... though the hardware of the s3 is showing signs of slowing down.... even though with the newer versions of android it significantly improves in many aspects the performance of the phone compared to those with the s3 still stuck permanently on kitkat.

I'm not sure if sony uses a true clean version of andoid or if they introduce their own alternatives that have a tendency to bugger things up... One of the reasons i liked wiping the samsung shit off my s3 and installing the raw android version was the major differences in terms of speed/responce times and the fact that their were just significantly less problems.

I do however know that updates do seem to go "wrong" occasionally. Forcing a reinstall or a factory reset takes care of it usually.

3. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Nah, this isn't something gone wrong. It's supposed to be like this. The options to turn notifications on or off tells me this.There's no alternative to only turn quick view off like it was on the old install. To bad I can't revert.