Annoying touchpad.

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by Liqourice, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Liqourice

Liqourice New Member

I'm getting really annoyed with the touchpad. Almost every time that I type something the marker jumps to the mouse position if I come near the touchpad. It seems like I don't have to touch it but I guess I must be doing so for this to happen.

I haven't really checked yet but it should be possible to adjust the sensitivity of it, right?

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

you can.. but most anyone i've sold a notebook/laptop to that has had this problem has never been able to satisfy the problem by even reducing it's sensitivity to the lowest value... either they had to disable it completely or learn to type at a more awkward position.

Every laptop i've sold to anyone i throw in a USB optical mouse and set the machine to either disable the touchpad when the mouse is plugged in or give the customer the option to manually disable it if it becomes a problem.

can't stand touch pads...

3. Liqourice

Liqourice New Member

I've never been able to really deal with them either whenever I've used a laptop but I can't change others.

Ok, it's possible to set it so it is disabled when I plug a USB mouse in? that's good, just need to find where!

Ok, just noticed I have a key to turn it off.. though, it would be better if it does this by itself when I plug a mouse in, I have to check that in BIOS I suppose because I find no setting to change in windows for that.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

some laptops have this option to auto disable when a mouse is plugged in... and others don't...

5. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

Sensitivity, and an option some have called "palm check" (Synaptics) - Alps may call it something else.