Anyone tried Windows 7 yet ?

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by comp_ali, Nov 4, 2008.

1. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Hi there guys I just have found a leaked windows 7 beta release on some sites ? And I can't dare trying it on my computer :uhoh:
    If anyone has the experience of trying it just post your comments and your opinion :hmm:
  2. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

New Aero and new task bar is missing in latest windows 7 builds so it basically looks like vista but has a new "core". Wouldn't recommend installing it yet on any other purpose than beta testing. ;)
  3. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Thanks shaga yeah I noticed that it is vista-like themed I hope it won't have vista-like potential
  4. BabylenTatarsky

BabylenTatarsky Rocks Your Socks

Why's there a new MS OS coming out so soon after Vista?
  5. Liqourice

Liqourice New Member

Because vista was a complete and utter flop?
  6. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

Vista was just a alpha of upcoming windows 7. By the way, some people report windows 7(some build) being faster than xp on older machines.

Won't start using vista at all. Gonna wait for a better version of this. :) I'm trying to forget Vista ever existed.
  7. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Nothing special for me, it's not all that soon after vista, XP 2001, Vista 2006/07 Win7 2009/10,

Win95 > Win98 > Win2k ? closer than XP, Vista, 7.

Still not sure why people dislike Vista so much, beats the shit outta XP from my experience.
    comp_ali likes this.
  8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

98 to 98se alone was a shock..

ME to xp... less then a year....

Windows 7 is in beta.... it's not due out for as much as another year possibly, which will make vista 3 years old before win7 shows
  9. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Miles and miles apart. Vista is way better.
  10. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

Im using 7 as my main OS currently.... I loaded it on a raptor and havin fun with it... all Vista tweaking apps and tricks apply to 7 so its even faster, I am loving it.
  11. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

wow, i guess i'm just going to tranafer to Win7 in a few years without going through the painfull Vista process... hahahahha :D
  12. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

mm I agree win (vista,7) combination is like (me,xp) Microsoft used to correct its faults quickly

Win vista is totally crap : issues with some drivers , mid-old games can't run on it , even latest games run slower on vista than xp But it has enhanced graphics and improved user guidance through any process
  13. Judas

no it's not like ME to XP... it's 98 to 98se
  14. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

So far I have played games as old as 1998 and no issues yet.
    Drivers ARE NOT MICROSOFT'S FAULT. For lack of drivers' support, address the HARDWARE MANUFACTURER.

When I had a trial version of vista (pre SP1 time) and XP on my previous PC, I didn't notice any difference in speed in games, at least for the few games that I had time to try. If your hardware is not obsolete, you shouldn't have problems under Vista.
    comp_ali likes this.
  15. Judas

games that refused to work under xp ironically worked under vista with less hassles...
  16. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

Today Vista is faster than XP in all aspects. The argument for games being slower has been addressed be it the problem with virtual memory addressing, or problems with SLI/Crossfire with a Vista setup and they are actually faster in Vista now. DX10 of course will be lower FPS than DX9 its because theres more going on in terms of fine details, and XP cant use DX10 so an argument against performance in that aspect is moot.

As for drivers? totally based on the hardware manufacturers. Its not Vista's fault youre video card from early 2000 doesnt work with vista properly, its the companies.

People bashing Vista still need to either stick with XP capable hardware, and forget abut Vista, or just upgrade their machine to hardware that is able to run Vista.
  17. DJ BIG T

DJ BIG T DH FaN BoY

i just got vista and so far i like it..i dont see it being slower then xp.. i say they both run the same...games are a differnt story..im likeing vista better on games..
  18. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

it all depends on what hardware you are running WinVista or WinXP, or any other OS for that matter...

some operating systems are flexible... some Linux editions have proven to be more stable and less demanding then any Windows release... so i guess, the question is... what do you plan to do with the rig... if you don't plan to play a lot of games and maybe do programming, low level programming, or anything else that doesn't require that much resources , i guess there is no reason to transfer to Vista or Win7... all you need is a good stable Linux release...

i've been running the Gentu edition of Linux.. so far all i can say is that the OS is perfect for my needs... although there is a lack of driver support... can't argue with that...

as i said, it all depends on what you plan to do with your rig... ;)
  19. oliver182

oliver182 New Member

Yep, I'm using it right know in dual boot with vista,I have some of the feutures of the PDC activated(superbar,aero shake,desktop slideshow with this “Blue Badge” tool available, unlocks all known protected features - Within Windows ),all the drivers from vista worked, it works realy great, boots and works faster than vista, it has a couple of new funtionalities, I really liked it, the superbar its a realy cool feauture.Its quite diferent from vista, I sure recomend its use,of course its not for beginners,remember its a pre beta

Specs

Acer Aspire 5520
    Ram 1 gb
    Nvidia geforce 7000m
    Windows 7 M3 build 6801 (fully activated!!!! jejejeje)