1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

AOL 9.5 and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by Falstaff, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I recently with the greatest of intentions attempted to install AOL 9.5 on my fathers Dell. I installed Win7 and the coup de gras would have been his AOL.
    I cannot for the life of me understand why it wont work, but I know there is lots of dialogue on the subject, does anyone have any suggestions?

The error I am seeing is right after the installer attempts to run, I get a reboot and retry error.
  2. Nicu Balmus

Nicu Balmus Сказочный долбоёб

Falstaff, ты руский ??

PS: sorry for off top...
  3. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

hey falstaff, u try the compatibility option new to win7?

right click n go to properties of installer, their in the compatibility tab u can make the install compatible with windows xp sp3 or vista sp2. one of these has always done the trick when i ran in to a prog that wouldn't install on 7. what is AOL 9.5 anyway? that just a browser/frontend for aol mail n other stuff? just wandered, they're no isp anymore, are they?
  4. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

tried that too, bloody odd, thought it might be a google chrome conflict because I heard that the browsers of Safari and Google Chrome can interfere with AOL.
    I personally dont care for AOL, but my father demands it.