1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

ATI Mobility Modder and Catalyst 10.1

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by Stuart Davidson, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Senior Editor Staff Member

HI All,

We are aware that Mobility Modder and Catalyst 10.1 are not currently compatible. We are working with ATI to resolve this issue and will post an updated version (which will also support the 5000 series) as soon as the issues have been ironed out.

Sorry about the delay.
  2. Deathstryker

Deathstryker New Member

ATI will actually help you guys with this sort of thing? That's pretty cool.
  3. Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope New Member

Well, since most computer manufacturers don't really care to update their drivers much after an X period of time which may not be the usable life of the hardware (I'd say +/- 4 years), I think ATI sees it in their interests to help out with the MobilityModder.NET project.

Too bad I didn't see this thread earlier, would have saved me about 20 minutes. :lol:
  4. area2000

area2000 New Member

ATI is in the boat and agree with the tool? Makes them very sympathetic :)
    That`s the right way ATI/AMD! :)
  5. syobon999

syobon999 New Member

great, ATI "can't" make mobility drivers but helping you guys is awesome.
  6. necrophyte

necrophyte New Member

they "cant" because the notebook manufacturers dont want them to. as soon as theres a vendor id inside the notebook gpu hardware id, the notebook manufacturer sees the gpu as its own product and so wants the user to use their own drivers.. so ati wouldnt be allowed to make mobility drivers (except beta win7 drivers etc. as test versions) for mobility radeon gpus used inside non-amd/ati notebooks, and ati/amd branded ones do not exist anyway.

great to hear that theres direct cooperation between ati and DH regarding MM!
  7. altoster

altoster New Member

wat all the major differences in catalyst 10.1 and previous version (9.xx). and how significant it will be in the notebook sector.( particularly for windows 7).and why is mobility modder not compatible with 10.1 catalyst drivers.
  8. Keiyentai

Keiyentai New Member

Hopefully they get to ya soon cause I would like to play games on my HD3200 on my laptop at lower res then 720P :wtf: for some older games works fine but with AVP3 demo...>_> ya lower res would be a great boost on the FPS lol
  9. Crazzak

Crazzak New Member

AW: ATI Mobility Modder and Catalyst 10.1

ehh you can´t play modern Games on your HD3200 :x you can only play games from maximum 2005 or 2004 on low and 1024x400. Games like Crysis,Call of duty 4,5 and 6 will not work
  10. enodenots

enodenots New Member

Its me (Sbf93) again!
    I have an Mobility Radeon HD 2400 and can play all games you list with a fine fps (minimum 45). I dont look good, because I have to reduce the details but it run without framedrops.
  11. Crazzak

Crazzak New Member

The HD 2400 is much better than the HD 3200 (look on GPU Benchmarks),
    You HD 2400 is made for 3D the HD 3200 is made for long Battery Life and is not good at games
  12. Malstrond

Malstrond New Member

That's because the Radeon HD 3200 is an IGP, integrated into the northbridge of your mainboard, and offloads most workload to the CPU as it barely has any processing capability of its own, while the Mobility Radeon HD 2400 is a dedicated GPU. The real equivalent would be the Mobility Radeon HD 34xx.
  13. enodenots

enodenots New Member

Cool I dont knew, that I have such a good card! Thanks for the information.
  14. syobon999

syobon999 New Member

yeah I have the 2400 also, its not bad for a notebook vga
  15. Keiyentai

Keiyentai New Member

I have actually been able to play moden games rather well on mine HD3200. Its just with Win7 it wants to force it in to 720 res. I can play AVP just fine on HIGH settings and lowering the Ambiant light Oclusion and Shadows. Anyway I know its not a true "gaming" card but for a laptop only game I have not been able to play (FPS wise) is Red Faction Gorilla it just don't like it lol. I mainly just want to black bars gone so I could play "modern" games at lower res with detail and not have bad framerate.

Though having 4GB of DDRII and 4GB Readyboost helps lol. ;)

(As for raw power though I know its not the best cause in my desktop I have a HD2600Pro in it)

Edit: Also as for new games I can play UT3 at 720 res on max settings with no problem *shrugs* maybe I just don't notice FPS rate to much since I am use to having crappy cards lol. IE TNT2 Ultra and Radeon9000 untill about 5 year ago. Hell I made the jump from a 64mb 9000 to a X1300Pro 256 then to the HD2600Pro 512. Now I just use my laptop cause I gave my desktop to my fiance.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  16. hcasquet

hcasquet New Member

It's been more than 10 days waiting.
    When will the new mobility modder be released?
    If the developer is waiting for HD5000 support, just give us a 10.1 bugfix ver. at least, and then put another release with HD5000 on it.
  17. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Senior Editor Staff Member

The update will be released as soon as possible, there were some significant changes which were made by ATI on this driver (not talking about 5000 series changes). As soon as the file is ready it will be made available...

EDIT: I have just spoken to the coder and it will be at least 2 weeks before this is done.
  18. hcasquet

hcasquet New Member

Oh my! Two weeks...
    Well, at least thats a good response. Thanks Veridian.
    I'll come back in two weeks! xDD
  19. area2000

area2000 New Member

If you want it faster, give the coder money if you have some... maybe this will
    push it forward! :rolleyes: The Tool is free! 2 weeks are very acceptable in this case!
    I don`t like nagging and begging!
  20. Ceasar389

Ceasar389 New Member

Thanks for the update..

I would like to point out that the ccc overclocking control also does not work.. I can activate it, set the clocks up, and it will report the new speeds.. But once any kind of a benchmark is done the score comes out the exact same as no overclock.. So it appears to be working, but in fact it is not.. I can clock my cards up with other software and my scores go right up.. So 10.1 driver or ccc has an issue that causes a fake overclock.. I am running an Asus w90vp-a1 with two ati 4870's in crossfire.. Vista-64 currently, but switching to windows-7 soon.. Can you please have this looked into as well.. Thank you.