ATI Mobility Radeon X1350 - Which version of Catalyst Control Center

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by thexaxoo, Jan 10, 2014.

1. thexaxoo

thexaxoo New Member

Hello,

I have a laptop - HP Compaq 6820s with graphic card - ATI Mobility Radeon X1350 and also some questions.

Which exact versions of the Catalyst Control Center do I need to download and modify with Mobility Modder to have the newest working (stable) driver for my card? I am asking this question for:
    - Windows 8.1 x32/x86
    - Ubuntu 12.04
    - Windows XP SP3

For now I have tried
    - Windows 8.1 x32/86 - catalyst_8-31-100_vista32_rtm
    * Windows started operating faster, but I still cant play any games.If anyone can tell me if there is newer or more stable version of the drivers, that will be great.
    - Ubuntu 12.04 - waiting for advice
    - Windows XP SP3 - waiting for advice

Thanks!

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

the version of mobility modder.. the latest version.

unfortunately support for your product in windows 8.1 is basically zilch.... getting it to install might be one of the toughest and frankly pointless things as even if you can try and force the driver to install.. quite a few people including myself end up with some really nasty problems...

Simply go to amd's site... find driver.. put in the specs ... in your case select the windows version you want... and then the card you have.... you'll likely have to select windows vista/7 to get the x1xxx to list that way you have what could work on 8.1 (haven't tried recently)... .. or xp, download the latest legacy driver listed..... apply the mobility modder.... and then proceed to attempt to install.... but don't be surprised if it just doesn't work in 8.1

xp should be fine however.

3. thexaxoo

thexaxoo New Member

Yeah on Windows 8.1 there are alot of bugs, but now when I have done this the gui is really faster.I think it's the best option for 8.1.

Also for XP I have original driver from the HP website, but it's really old and I'm trying to get the maximum out of my video card for these operating systems.

For Ubuntu 12.04 I have tried Radeon driver ( total disaster ) and now im with X.org.

If anyone has some advice, please share!