ATi Radeon Mobility Modded Catalyst/Drivers for Windows XP 32-bit (Updated)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by dansrfe, Nov 4, 2010.

1. dansrfe

dansrfe New Member

Alright guys, I know a lot of people who have trouble modding their drivers in order to safely and quickly install the latest catalyst and driver for their Windows XP 32-bit laptops. I *think* I have found out how to do this properly from the last three months of modding it correctly. I will be posting updated and fully modded drivers for each release starting with November 2010. Please try to keep the thread clean and only post relevant questions/comments/concerns. Thanks.

How to use:

Instructions to install drivers:

Extract package to a folder. Go to Device Manager which can be found be right clicking on "My Computer" -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager. Then expand "Display Adapters" and right click on whatever is listed and select "Update Driver". Then select "No, not at this time" -> "Install from a list or specific location" -> "Search for the best driver in these locations", uncheck "Search removable media", check "Include this location in search:" and browse to "xxxxx\10-11_xp32_dd_ccc_enu\Packages\Drivers\Display\XP_INF" (where xxxxx is the folder which you extracted the package to). Then click next and it should detect the drivers and start to install them. Click finish.

Instructions to install Catalyst:

Extract package to folder. Browse to "xxxxx\ATI\Support\10-11_xp32_dd_ccc_enu\" (where xxxxx is the folder which you extracted the package to). Double-click on Setup.exe, select custom installation and select only catalyst.

November 2011: http://www.mediafire.com/?6dav51dqdqctcqo

September 2011: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gl85n7ll9liumu0

Please reply with any problems you had with installing it or if you had a problem how you fixed it. This helps in tweaking the modding process and possibly adding support for a wider range of graphics cards.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. dnmtsn

dnmtsn New Member

Re: ATi Radeon Mobility Catalyst/Drivers for Windows XP 32-bit (Updated)

Hi. This does not seem to contain DRIVERS, just the catalyst software. I need the driver for ATI Mobility Radeon 4225, I had to reinstall windows on my Satellite T235D laptop and I only had an XP license and now I am going crazy looking for the video driver. Most of the drivers posted by Toshiba as Win7 work in XP as well, but not the video ones.

I would appreciate it a lot if you could point me to a place where I can find them.

Thanks,
    Dan

3. dansrfe

dansrfe New Member

Re: ATi Radeon Mobility Catalyst/Drivers for Windows XP 32-bit (Updated)

Yes I forgot to mention that you have to install the drivers manually from this package.

Instructions to install drivers:

Extract package to a folder. Go to Device Manager which can be found be right clicking on "My Computer" -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager. Then expand "Display Adapters" and right click on your ATi card and select "Update Driver". Then select "No, not at this time" -> "Install from a list or specific location" -> "Search for the best driver in these locations", uncheck "Search removable media", check "Include this location in search:" and browse to "xxxxx\ATI\Support\10-11_xp32_dd_ccc_enu\Packages\Drivers\Display\XP_INF" (where xxxxx is the folder which you extracted the package to). Then click next and it should detect the drivers and start to install them. Click finish and please report back with your results.

Thank you for you reply and I hope to make this a successful thread in helping everyone install the latest Catalyst and drivers for Windows XP on their laptops.

I have also copied the instructions on driver installation to the main post.

4. kairu0

kairu0 New Member

You are my own personal Jesus Christ.

I used your driver on a Dell M101Z notebook that has an integrated Radeon HD 4225. I manually added a line to the driver INF file:

"ATI Radeon HD 4225 Series" = ati2mtag_M9x, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9712&SUBSYS_04701028

And we have takeoff. Thanks a million for the mod man :)

5. dansrfe

dansrfe New Member

Cool to hear it worked for you man :)

6. JackM

JackM New Member

Thanks a lot for your modded drivers. They allow me to update a XP SP3 Bootcamp installation on iMac and to solve display issues with Divinity 2 DKS.

7. dansrfe

dansrfe New Member

Glad to hear it worked. If I get enough responses in this thread I will continue to supply modded drivers for Windows XP x86 :) Can't wait for the January 2011 drivers :D

8. Joogger

Joogger New Member

ATi Radeon Mobility Modded Driver Works In Acer 5551

Driver works fine.
    Thanks.

9. dansrfe

dansrfe New Member

January 2011 drivers added.

10. JackM

JackM New Member

Thanks

11. aa8564

aa8564 New Member

Hello Dansfre
    Thanks for ur drivers
    I used your modded drivers on my Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop and it didn't work.then i added a line for my graphic card which is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 in the related file and after that it worked correctly.I just want to know whether this kind of modded driver can do any harm on my graphic hardware(or any other hardware)or not.
    Thanks in advance

12. dansrfe

dansrfe New Member

Nope, no harm. The modding is simply to remove mobility restrictions on desktop drivers.

13. papinist

papinist New Member

Hi all, this is my first post in this forum.

I have a new Acer Aspire 7741G with Ati Radeon Mobility HD 6550, it is not recognized from this modded driver. How could I install these drivers?

Also, I think 11.2 was released few days ago :)

14. alberto.melita

alberto.melita New Member

Hi dansrfe,

I really appreciate your work as I don't seem to be able to mod them myself, and I just cannot understand the reasons...
    ...and no, I didn't start using a PC yesterday!

Anyway, I registered just to thank you for what you did so far!
    Alberto.

15. Thunderboltz

Thunderboltz New Member

Hey im new to the forums and i was wondering if you know another way to install the drivers without going to the display in the hardware tab? For me it doesn't show up and i only can see vga controller, or am i missing something to make it show up?

ATI RADEON 4250 Integerated is what i use and also want to note the drivers from drivermax works well but i can't use the catalyst control center with it and i assume this method works well and can use the CC. Hope to hear from you soon or i might just have to stick with driver max =[.

16. JackM

JackM New Member

You may find useful info concerning the installation of CCC here (4th post in this thread). Note that this only concerns the installation of CCC; you still have to install the drivers with the Device Manager.

17. Thunderboltz

Thunderboltz New Member

Yes CCC is installed but I need the drivers, (currently using the driver maxes custom made one) But it isn't supported. And i tried updating the drivers manually but there isn't a display adapter in the hardware. Only vga controller hope theres a fix soon but might as well keep with the one i have but if someone decides to help Thanks a bunch.

18. dansrfe

dansrfe New Member

@ Everyone

I'll upload the February 2011 Drivers tomorrow.

@ Thunderboltz

Remove all the other driver stuff you have. Right click on the vga controller and update it from there. It should work.

19. Thunderboltz

Thunderboltz New Member

I tried it and searched the drivers as instructed by you and it doesn't find anything to update the drivers, am i missing some step to make it show in the display? install CCC then it will detect? now im just guessing lol.

20. JackM

JackM New Member

The problem is that the modded inf does not include any definition for the Mobility 4250 card. If you still have the inf from your original driver, you may edit the modded inf to add the definition line (in [ATI.Mfg.NTx86] section) appropriate to your graphic card.