ATI Radeon Mobility x600 & Windows 7

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by jahende, Jul 31, 2009.

1. jahende

jahende New Member

Hello Everyone,

I have just discovered DriverHeaven and I'm loving it. The reason I went out searching in the first place is because of an issue I'm having. First off, my specs.

HP ZD8000 CTO Notebook
    P4 3Ghz
    ATI Radeon Mobility x600 (256Mb)

Everything worked great on XP, I upgraded to Windows 7... Worked good (Aero and all) for a couple of days then after reboot got "black screen". I figured my video driver needed updating. Went to HP website, no support in a nutshell. Only have the XP driver (that "black screens").

So, Last night I downloaded the latest Win7 32bit Catalyst 9.7 from ATI. Then downloaded the modder tool and followed the instructions specifically. Everything seemed to go well, then after reboot, I get a message stating that my drivers are not properly installed. I look in device manager and see that I have a ! next to Radeon x600.

Any suggestions? I'm at my wits end. Should I have downloaded a different Catalyst? Modified a file? Anything?

I appreciate your help in advance.
  2. PenrynHD

PenrynHD New Member

Remove drivers, clean Driver Sweeper and Install again.
  3. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant New Member

Did you end up getting this to work? I've tried on latest drivers 9.8 with out success. I have same card and laptop.
  4. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Hello somemadcaant and welcome to DH. :)

I believe that the problem is that the Windows 7 drivers, as well as the latest Catalyst drivers in general, do not support the architecture on which your card was built. I think that your best chance is to download the Catalyst 9.3 for Windows Vista and try with those.
  5. garacs1

garacs1 New Member

Hi guys, first post so don't shoot... :D

I basically have the same problem as the original poster, upgraded to W7 from WinXP PRO with x700 mobility graphic card on a L715 MSI laptop, and while under XP the drivers worked perfectly with the modding tool, I am having trouble with W7.

I am now installing the vista drivers instead of the W7 dedicated drivers, and will report if successfull.

Have any further suggestions?

Garacs1
  6. garacs1

garacs1 New Member

Here I am again, finally with the correct video card drivers loaded.

I had to use the Vista drivers instead of the W7 ones, but finally device manager recognizes the video card and the laptop turns on without any issues (up to now...)

I downloaded the drivers for vista, ran mobilitymodder following the instructions precisely and installed the drivers, ince modified.

At the next reboot, I ran to device manager and the video ard was there!

Only problem, it appears that aero interface is not able to run...

have any suggestions?

Garacs1
  7. garacs1

garacs1 New Member

ok last update for today: I used this guide:

Overclocking your laptop, Mobility Radeon

in order to make the modified drivers "signed", and restarting the laptop finally gave me a fully working vga driver, capable of running aero no problems!

Actually, running the "evaluate your pc" or something like that application (my OS is in german... can't remember the correct name sorry) at the moment it appears that the bottleneck is the cpu, a turion...

Well, at least the vga is working properly, now.

Thanks for the help (I did some simple search on the forum, and found the soltions myself, but thanks nevertheless).

Garacs1