Can I be aware of my own depression?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by clubrope, Jun 29, 2018.

1. clubrope

clubrope Member

Sometimes I feel like I hate myself, I look my self in the mirror and I don’t see myself anymore all I see is a shell of who I was. I am experiencing terrible mood swings and am angry or upset and even on the verge of crying almost all the time these past few months. What is happening to me? Am I depressed I feel so so confused because I have no idea what's going on in my head but I feel like I do?

2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Yes you can be aware of it, and what you describe certainly sounds like it , best advice is see a Doctor and get some help sooner than later it rarely improves or goes away on its own

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

See a professional, that's the safest way to deal with it quickly.

Try to locate the reason(s) of why you feel this way. Then fully understand them and deal with them.

4. clubrope

clubrope Member

thank you will see a professional asap

Calliers likes this.
  5. clubrope

clubrope Member

Been reading a lot of articles from this site and it really helped me a lot to manage my depression. I will be seeing my doctor this weekend.

Trusteft likes this.
  6. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Some websites are good but it really needs a doctor to point you going in the right direction, good luck and understand that its a marathon not a sprint from this point on. Best of luck

7. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Been more or less depressed my entire life. Just didn't know what it was until I was about 21 and I ended up in the ER because of a psychosis. Kinda hard though to know that I was since I always had been. I've had short periods of time when I've felt a lot less depressed so I've learned to see the signs when I'm heading back to getting more depressed again. Throughout my adulthood I've learned to use the means avaliable to fight it, without that I don't think I would have been around today. Meds have never helped me though, only therapy have, so don't accept meds just like that. Meds doesn't cure depressions, they only make it go away for a while at best.

Calliers likes this.