Can My System Play It?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 9 Count 'em, 9 Grandkids!

I came across this site quite by accident while looking for other info. I think many of our members would appreciate being able to check it out as well.

Does your system meet the requirements for a particular game you have in mind? Or even one you already have?

Well, this site allows you to select the particular game and then it will check your own system and render a Pass/Failure result for each component.

Let us know how well you like this and if it seems to be accurate in its assessments.

I did note that some games are missing from the list, however.

System Requirements Lab
  2. JohnDoe47

JohnDoe47 New Member

Rare...My Pentium 4 system can run Crysis. :p

:tears:

This thread needs to be pinned.

-N-
  3. Zelig

Zelig New Member

IIRC, they recommended this site when I tried to buy something from ebgames. I found it amusing at the time, but I can see why they want people to be certain that a game will work on their computer before purchase.

Also amusingly, the 512MB 8800 GTS fails the test for Crysis, but the 640MB version is fine.
  4. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

interestingly, my 4800+ got +5 for cpu recommendations on crysis. they seem to think its the equivalent of 7.2ghz
  5. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

cool, more accurate than that vista score
  6. Rahazan

Rahazan New Member

That's great! I love it hehe, I seem to be able to run just about everything.
  7. IEMC

IEMC Neighborhood screw up.

It might still, well it use to anyway, get confused about hyper threading. It thinks it's multi core, when it's really not.

And graphics cards are only judged on their RAM amount, as far as I recall, which is really misleading.

Still really handy in judging stuff. I use it all the time.
  8. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

mmm Many of users tried this site and it sometimes give false tests
    but it is still awesome
  9. deadeyeselh

deadeyeselh New Member

I love System Requirements Lab, I use it all the time, my P4 machine can surprisingly handle alot of modern games, including Crysis.