Creative Sound Blaster E1 (e3 and 5) is it possible to create a driver to enable 7.1 in windows?

Discussion in 'PAX Download - USB Series' started by Bruno Matos, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Bruno Matos

Bruno Matos New Member

Hello.
    I recently purchased a creative sound blaster e1, after connecting it to my laptop and installing it's drivers, i tested the sbx pro studio surround sound, to my surprise I found out that in order for it to work best, it's necessary to select 7.1 audio output in windows, then it'd be downsampled to stereo with virtual surround. The problem is that it only shows up as a stereo device.
    Searching is some forums i found out that the Asus Xonar u3 with the default windows drivers shows up as a stereo device too, but after installing the asus drivers, it kinda emulates a 7.1 device, showing up in windows as 7.1 and then allowing the software to emulate the surround sound.
    Would it be possible to create a custom driver that does this same thing, tricking windows into showing it as a 7.1 device and then allowing the surround emulation to work?
    Thanks in advance. Sorry for not very good english, I'm not a native speaker.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

No only emulation if you have the driver I can tweak make bass and treble better

3. ErezA

ErezA New Member

So there is no way to make the E1 SBX work for 7.1 surround in any way?
    Is there any alternative driver for it?

Thanks

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Unless there encoders for them then no. Unless it said 7.1 on the package?