Creative Sound Blaster Live! CT4620, for Windows 7 x64 ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eleosa, Nov 1, 2009.

1. eleosa

eleosa New Member

I just installed Windows 7 x64 succesfully, and everything seems to be cool but one thing that worried from the begining was an error on the availability of my sound device which is
    (Sound Blaster Live! Model: CT4620)

The Screenshot is the the availability check before the install its says x32 but the x64 was just the same...

And i wonder if its really a driver problem (cause i tried loads of similar to anything about sound blast and creative downloads but nothing) or i need to buy a new Sound Card ?? :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. eleosa

eleosa New Member

anyone know? i still got no sound...

:tears:

3. peate

peate Active Member

4. eleosa

eleosa New Member

:tears: thank you @ the strat i believe it was solved cause everything done automaticaly with no errors and it found even the model of the card..

..and then it came.. FAIL to create sound @ the test
    is there anything specific setting that i didn't see ??
    Will a DSP Screenshot help ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  5. eleosa

eleosa New Member

i search a lil bit more the whole thing :D
    its was automaticaly selected @ 6/7 instead of 4/5 (which is the only one that worked for me)

thnx a lot dude Solved!!

Attached Files:

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

The sound test doesn't work in Win7 so that's not a fault with your system, if you have sound elsewhere don't worry about the test.

7. elAhmo

elAhmo New Member

Hello.

I have a joystick, which plugs into midi port, and I have an option to buy this sound card. I wanted to know is the MIDI port "functioning", like it should be with these kx drivers, as there are no official drivers from Creative? I won't buy it if joystick won't work properly.

Thanks

(I am also using Win7 x64)

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

No joystick drivers come with KX, but the midi function works through that port. Creative's joystick driver would need to be installed to use a joystick but I've read Win7 won't support that type of joystick port anymore. You may be out of luck there......

9. elAhmo

elAhmo New Member

Yeah, I was afraid of that also.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I won't buy it, because main reason for potential buying was that joystick support, I don't want to use those gameport->USB converters, which also don't work in many situations, and they are more expensive than joystick itself :)