DirectX Problem "ati2dvag.dll is not digitally signed"

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by OniKyanAE86, Oct 21, 2009.

1. OniKyanAE86

OniKyanAE86 New Member

Hello everyone, hope I'm asking this in the right section, well I had a small question that I wanted to ask. I have successfully used the ATI Mobility Modder Version 1.2.1.0 to install the ATI 9.8 Catylist Drivers onto my Gateway MX7515 which has the ATI Mobility Radeon X600 Graphics Chip/Card oh and running XP Pro SP3. Well the problem is that when I try to play most of my games I get an error stating "failed to create direct 3D device" and the game shuts down. Sometimes the game will run and then when I try to run it again it doesn't. I have the most current DirectX 9.0c drivers installed and ran "dxdiag" in the run command and checked and the drivers are ok. I then ran the video tests and most of them fail because the error states that the Display Mode is not supported or can not be switched to 640x480 16bit. I then did a WHQL digital signitures check from the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and it came out with "The file ati2dvag.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer." I belive that this is causing the problems I'm getting. Is there a fix for this? I've looked but still can't find anything. Hope someone can help me out with this problem.