1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

EDUP Wireless Network Card and Windows XP

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by Cyan007, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Cyan007

Cyan007 New Member

My neighbor recently purchased an IBM Thinkpad (older one) and I told him I'd install Windows XP for him as well as a few other things. Well, after installing it, everything works fine. When I insert this EDUP Wireless Card that came with it, after it starts to install the drivers the computer crashes, goes intoa blue screen, then restarts. I pull the card out, works fine. Now when I insert the card it instantly goes to the blue screen and restarts. Something about a physical memory dump.

On the wireless card case it states that it's XP compatible but I'm thinking it's not. My suggestion to my friend was to buy a new card and see if it does the same thing to determine if it's just this card or not. Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

IEEE802.11b 11Mbps Wireless CardBus PC Card (EDUP)
  2. trader50

trader50 New Member

i do not ,, but can you send me the driver and let me try , i have the same card and can not locate the driver thanks Jim
  3. stone103

stone103 New Member

hi there i have bought the edup wireless card but cant get drivers for it any where can anyone help me?
    ive been trying to download this driver without any luck.

thanks pete
  4. princesscrzy

princesscrzy princesscrzy

I'm just trying to get the driver for a EDUP wireless network card. Next time I'll no better to back it up on my external drive so I don't have to jump through so many hoops to get it!
  5. Suejoe

Suejoe New Member

I bought a EDUP wireless card with drivers last week. Perhaps you already know but the drivers you should be looking are Atheros drivers. The driver cd that come with the card will not install properly - it complains about microsoft not recognising the drivers.

The morning I downloaded more uptodate drivers from a few sites but I havent tried installing them yet, if it helps the links are as follows:
    Atheros Communications

ATHEROS Wireless LAN 2.4/5GHz - Download Driver AR5006EG

New 108Mbps Wireless PCI Card - Driver.zip - Windows Live

Let me know if you have any joy, and I will likewise. SJ:rolleyes: