Enabling Digital Vibrance For ATI Cards

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by brandon105, Jan 13, 2005.

1. brandon105

brandon105 New Member

Ok im using Powerstrip and I cant find the setting to enable digital vibrance, if anyone know can you please help me out?

Thanks alot!
  2. Genius

Genius ID10T

Color Profiles > Configure > scroll down in Adapter Options
  3. brandon105

brandon105 New Member

all this does is up the gamma a bit...am I missing something?
  4. brandon105

brandon105 New Member

do you know?
  5. MindlessOath

MindlessOath New Member

i pritty sure that ATI doesnt have or work with digital vibrance, its an nvidia feature, until ATI makes its replica, caled radical vibrance (lol, i forget the name, even tho i was told yesterday :p)
  6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

ATI has something on the way... but i really don't understand the need for such an option as frankly, comparing a nvidia and ati card side by side with the same monitor.. i see WHY nvidia NEEDS the digital vibrance as all the nvidia cards i see have a very weak looking color presence.... ati is flat out vibrant already.... IMO though.
  7. Genius

Genius ID10T

It seems to be something more than gamma. A fine tuning of color balance, brightness and contrast combined I think.
  8. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

digital vibrance is an nvidia thing
  9. Beng

Beng New Member

Well, in all honesty, i like Nv's DV. I miss it on my X800. (have both cards, X800&6800GT in tha house)
    In some flat coloured games you can tune up the colour saturation a bit to your own taste, i think it's nice.

Btw, the color vibrance boost option in Powerstrip doesn't work with the X800, no differences.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  10. UnTouchAble

UnTouchAble New Member

Aye, i also like the feature tooo

Hope they put it on next release! :D
  11. Seraphic

Seraphic Mr. False Positive

Completely disagree with you. Coming from a 6800gt to an x800 xt pe, theres very little difference in color presence at default settings, ATI is not 'flat out vibrant already' at all, compared to my 6800gt with digital vibrance the colors look quite plain. It's the only feature that I really miss from making the move over to ATI.
  12. Beng

Beng New Member

I hope so too, but i'm hearing this rumour for months and months (half year?)
    now, and still nothing. :oops:

Ati, is it so hard to do? :uhoh:

My problem with Ati at the moment is the waiting... waiting for Radiance..., waiting for releasing cards..., waiting for the HalfLife2 Ati levels... :D
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2005