Error Initializing Driver (error -301)

Discussion in 'ASIO' started by herbie321, Jun 27, 2006.

1. herbie321

herbie321 New Member

Hi all,
    I'm using an audigy 2 zs platinum card with the lastest version of the kx driver and am having trouble initializing the asio soundcard option on arturia standalone softsynths.. i get this message (or something very much like it i'm typing from memory)when i set the audio option to asio:
    ERROR INITIALIZING DRIVER (ERROR -301)
    after switching it to directx it occasionally lets me go back and set it to kx asio and it works a charm. but it is inconsistent; on starting up the program (moog modular) it always says that 'audio in' is not configured and it often comes up with this errormessage when i try to reset to asio and often crashes the program.
    As this problem is occuring on my other softsynths as well it seems to me it must be related to the kx driver somehow. i tried to uninstall then install the kx driver but no change.
    This is a new soundcard only recently installed.
    Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  2. Russ

Russ New Member

Make sure that Hardware Acceleration is set to full (Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devives --> Volume Tab/Speaker Settings - Advanced --> Performance Tab - Hardware Acceleration).

Also make sure that the Sample Rate is set to 48000 in your ASIO host software,

3. herbie321

herbie321 New Member

thanks for the response russ. Yes both of those elements are confirmed so that's not what's causing it.. any other ideas...

4. Russ

Russ New Member

I am not sure. It would be helpful if you could post the full/specific error message that you are getting.

Also, since it sounds like you are using standalone VSTi's (as opposed to an ASIO host), make sure that the inputs are configured seperately for each instance.

i.e. You cannot access the same ASIO inputs from different instances of the software at the same time, so be sure to configure each instance to use different ASIO inputs (and disable any unused inputs in each instance of the sofware), etc.