Excel Corruption files

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by danielriqueti, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielriqueti

danielriqueti New Member

My excel file when tried to open is showing only stranger characters.. i think it got corrupted.. it was done in excel 2003. sent the file to many people on the net but they all gave up.. can you give me a solution for opening the file ? Thanks

2. victorrasch

victorrasch New Member

Without seeing the file, it is difficult to diagnose what is going on, but I will offer some ideas.

What version of Excel are you using? Are you using Excel 2003? Was the file you are trying to open created in Excel 2007 or Excel 2010. If so, it might be using the new format and therefore will not open in Excel 2003 and older.

It is possible the Excel file is data that was imported from a source in which Excel cannot import. Does the Excel spreadsheet contain any imported data?
    Try to use :http://www.fixya.com/support/t25778332-excel_corruption_files
    Those are the most likely causes of the corrupt data. Is every file you open in Excel corrupt, or just this one workbook? If it is just this one workbook, then, yes, it sounds like it is corrupted. If every file you open with Excel is corrupt, then your version of Excel could be corrupt, but that is unlikely.

3. Lorein watson

Lorein watson New Member

Well, there are many reasons responsible for Excel file corruption so diagnosing the real cause of the problem is really difficult.

But here it you can try a reliable solution that works for you. Try the Microsoft Office Tools
    • Choose All Programs from the Start
    • Select Microsoft Office.
    • Choose Microsoft Office Tools.
    • Select Microsoft Office Application Recovery.
    • Choose Microsoft Office Excel in the resulting dialog box as shown in Image C.
    • Click Recover Application. This process will take few minutes.
    • Now simply respond to the Send Report To Microsoft prompt.
    This recovery tool will quit the Excel and then it will allow your Excel to restart along with displaying a list of recovered workbooks. If your workbook will be recovered then you will get it in the available list.

Hope this works for you.

To know more visit: http://www.repairmsexcel.com/blog/top-five-ways-to-recover-corrupted-excel-workbook

4. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Thanks for the reply, as the opening poster never replied to the question. Which were started close to Three years ago.

This thread is considered dead, I don't think that any further posts are going to be helpful in anyway, Im going close this one..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.