Federal Court & U.S. Supreme Court Ruling: Atheism is Religion

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by Altered, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Altered

Altered New Member

ALTERED -to- EVERYONE:

Atheists consistently attempt to take the higher ground by insisting Christians are mental midgets for believing in a non-existent "sky gawd." They insist that the Judeo-Christian Bible is a book of fairytales. At one website where I have debated, the Bible was routinely referred to by atheists as the "BuyBull." Not only that, in most of my conversations with atheists at various websites, their usual accusation is that because of the belief in God, theists have committed all sorts of human rights violations in the name of "cultish religions." According to the many atheists I have debated at other websites, it is the belief in God that has caused people to commit the various atrocities common to mankind. Remove religion, belief in God, and belief in the Bible--the atheists argue--and the world will be a better place. This latter conclusion is mortally flawed for the following reasons:

Atheists have committed human rights violations en masse throughout history. For instance, Joseph Stalin--the atheist--ordered the deaths of between 40 million to 62 million people (20 million of whom were everyday Soviet civilians), compared to the 9 million or so killed by Adolph Hitler, the Roman Catholic who merely claimed he was a Christian.

In reality, the problem is not the Bible or God. The problem is people, including those in false religions that have failed to teach the masses Biblical truths. An appreciation for Biblical truths and Jehovah's righteous standards of what's right and what's wrong is the only detriment against people committing human rights violations. Blaming God for the crimes of false Christians and other false religions is an attempt at passing the buck.

"See! This only I have found, that the true God made mankind upright, but THEY THEMSELVES have sought out many plans." (Ecclesiastes 7:29)

DISCUSSION POINTS:
    Considering that atheists have themselves committed human rights violations under the banner of non-bellief in a supernatural God or gods, why can one argue that "belief in god" is not the actual reason behind crimes against humanity?

2. Atheism is a religion according to a 2005 Wisconsin Federal Court ruling on the matter of Kaufman v. McCaughtry, as well as the Torcaso v. Watkins case that was affirmed by the 1961 U.S. Supreme Court--the highest court in the land--where court rulings become national law. However, atheists routinely argue they do not belong to a religion because, according to them, non-belief in God is proof positive that they are not religious. Do you agree with the atheists' position? Why so or why not?

3. Based upon numerous court rulings that atheism is religion, it is obvious that belief in a supernatural God or gods is not a requirement for being considered part of a religion. What arguments can you present along this line?

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

My concern over this comment can actually be Flawed..

There are many many problems in the world today and what is forgotten is there are Also Many Different Religions around the world who have there own beliefs..

So you are coming across as if you don't believe in the So Called "Biblical Truth" there will always be trouble..

But yes it is only People who are trouble, And its the way some religion translate it into there own cause..

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Because so called believers have leaned on and have been PRAISED for and turned into "saints" and whatnot for having stated they had done atrocities in the very name of god and to make matters worse, millions have been slaughtered with the approval of the "church". The winners coming away from it clean and without prosecution, and their horrific deeds usually forgotten or painted in a light that always has them setup a the victim, the losers usually get swept under the rug and forgotten.

Essentially believers will use any "evil" or "good" as an excuse for whatever may occur or what they end up doing.

Atheists, true atheists will admit mistakes and errors, and will be happy to point out people that have done horrible things if need be, they don't point at an imaginary friend then claim "he/she did it.. it's not my fault... honest!" because atheists clearly see that as pure bullshit and unacceptable.

Either way, what is worth noting to be rather funny, is that many religious people will sometimes accept a child having an imaginary friend and then when they hit the age of 7-12 years of age, they tell those children that "believing in an imaginary friend is childish and you should stop it...".... yet then continue to poison the minds of these children with stories and events and things that the parents and other people happen to share sometimes wildly different or commonly the same imaginary friends. This is what atheists tend to refer to as a horrible double standard. And it's only funny in the sense that it's just such a terrible situation.

calling atheism a religion is for lack of a better term... an oxymoron.

Calling something, something specific, when it clearly is defined as entirely "nothing" is idiotic. When that was declared, it wasn't really to atheists benefits, it was for those that simply cannot comprehend the simplicity of the word and it's definition and due to this failure, must "lump" it in with "religions" which is a wholly violation of what "atheism" is. There are plenty of laws that are made without any even basic common sense applied. This just happens to be one of them.

This is basically a repeat of question 2.

to sum it up in on word.

Bullshit.

4. Altered

Altered New Member

ALTERED -to- JUDAS:

I believe I mentioned in my OP that people belonging to false religions committed the violations you are referring to--including members of the Religion of Atheism such as Joseph Stalin.

I also mentioned in my OP that an appreciation for Biblical truths and Jehovah's righteous standards of what's right and what's wrong is the only detriment against people committing human rights violations.

5. Judas

Stop calling atheism a religion.... Religion is Theism..... Atheism is the lack of religion.... Using an oxymoron over and over again just makes it so much more rediculious.

All religions are false by your statements. You cannot have it both ways.

If you ever read the bible.. it's pretty horrible... so what "biblical" truths are you ignoring today?

6. Altered

Altered New Member

ALTERED -to- JUDAS:

Actually, it was the U.S. Courts that passed the ruling that Atheism is Religion--after the atheists filed lawsuits demanding their Atheist Religion rights. I suggest you send your complaints to them. Below is a newspaper article showing the hypocrisy of atheists in claiming they are not religious. Focus on the bolded words.

EVIDENCE #2 FOR THE HYPOCRISY OF ATHEISTS:
    http://www.wnd.com/2005/08/31895/

7. Judas

a US court ruling doesn't say anything for the rest of the world.

united states... has 350million people.

the rest of the world is 6,650 million....

what a few think is for equal rights is counter productive to what atheism essentially stands for.

8. MIG-31

So you have based everything you claim as Hard Fact.

A) Based on a Article back in 05.And is a ruling in one state does not always make it a nation wide law.
    B) A court rule started of by Prison Inmates. Perhaps are Life termers with nothing to loose perhaps..

Again when somebody posts something you don't like you just seem to post something (Either Copied) or type out something that is totally pointless.

BTW the link don't work..

And if you want to know a little something, I think members here are ignoring your posts because you appear to be trying to force your religious issues around this forum...

I'm sure there are religious forums out there somewhere...

9. Altered

Altered New Member

ALTERED -to- JUDAS:

The instant an atheist who is a foreigner sets foot on U.S. soil, he/she is automatically considered part of the Religion of Atheism.

The Scopes Monkey Trial was in 1925. That case opened the way for Atheism to be classified as a religion. It was not until 1961 that the U.S. Supreme Court—the most important court in the land—cemented atheism as a religion in the case of Torcaso v. Watkins. As you know, U.S. Supreme Court rulings become the law of the land. In its ruling, the 1961 court mentioned Secular Humanism, which as we all know is the default religious ideology of atheism. Specifically, the 1961 Supreme Court said the following, and keep your eyes on the words that I bolded in the entire document. Pay particular note to the words that are bolded at Footnote 11.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=367&invol=488

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
  10. MIG-31

BTW: Do not bother yourself about this thread as this will be my last posting here on this website--as long as MIG-31, THE HYPOCRITE, is a moderator here.
    I guarantee you that MIG-31 will find some excuse to lock this. As you can see, he is already sniffing around posting tripe in here that I have no intention of reading, much less respond to.

MIG-31 claims he is a theist, but he cannot stand anyone debunking Darwin's macroevolution myth. He is a theist who rejects the Genesis creation account and therefore will not allow another theist to start threads debunking his personal ideology. So he locked my thread in which I was debunking Darwin's Macroevolution myth for no reason whatever.
    Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth

MIG-31 -- the "theist," cannot stand anyone presenting evidence that the Judeo-Christian Bible is the inspired word of Almighty God Jehovah--while he insists he believes in God. So he locked my thread dealing with that topic, using the excuse that I posted in the thread after 30 days. Keep in mind that he banned me and thereby prevented me from posting in the thread and that I only just showed up yesterday after being banned.
    PROOF: Judeo-Christian Bible Inspired of God

MIG-31 cannot stand anyone presenting evidence of intelligent design in the natural world--while he hypocritically claims he believes in God. So he locked my thread in which I presented evidence of intelligent design despite the fact I was having respectful discussions with several atheists.
    Precision in Nature: Evidence of God or Accidents?

NO WONDER THE RELIGION FORUM HERE IS DEAD. With MIG-31 locking threads whenever the subject matter debunks his personal philosophies, you will never find any meaningful debate going on here.

MIG-31, you see, is member of the Religion of Atheism, an atheist-in-denial aka a hypocrite who claims he is a theist but displays all the attitudes of an atheist.

I have no tolerance for a HYPOCRITE, a LOSER like MIG-31 who is trying to find power online by banning people and locking threads, TO MAKE UP FOR HIS FAILURES AS A MAN OFF-LINE IN THE REAL WORLD.

If you want to continue this discussion, you will find me at this forum. http://www.politicalforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

I am done here, for as long as MIG-31 remains a moderator, because the CLOWN keeps locking my threads. I just cannot stomach that LOSER and his hypocrisy any longer.

Cheers!

At Atltered..... I have removed the text about me from your post, you are so very wrong in many ways.

That is the biggest load of bullshit you have posted..

A) Its you pointless Posts that you have shown No Evidence whatsoever on anything you claim is True.. And it it is your rants that made the Threads become closed.

Because you are a Disruptive person...

B) I will say it again you go on the Offensive when somebody says something you simply do not like..

C) You simply do not know me to openly critise me.

D) I will tell you straight up, I have Never Banned you at all. I can assure you of that. you said it your self that you keep getting Banned on forums. Have you ever thought to your self why ?

So once again everything you have posted above about me is total Bulshit mate..

You need to take a look at yourself before you throw around unfounded allegations in public.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  11. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

[​IMG]

More Rubbish Posts from Altered?

12. Judas

Completely irrelevant.

13. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I love the take that a court ruling in the United States somehow makes it fact in the whole world. Because some American judge ruled atheism a religion, does not make it so...

violations against humanity is wrong, no matter the reason.. the fact that the religious nuts point to an imaginary friend and claim he made them do it (thus claiming no responsibility) makes it even worse.

Falstaff likes this.
  14. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

He just cuts and pastes crap into the thread, beginning to think we are dealing with a teenager.

15. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Judas likes this.
  16. Judas

Flying spaghetti monster is still my favorite religion.... from a distance though.

17. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

18. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

My problem with all of this is when someone comes to a hardware site to spew all their hate mongering bullshit like Altered has done before. Posting things like...
    This is what makes any attempt at a logical conversation invalid as is no intelligent conversation about faith or why people believe the way they do. There is already biased opinion in whatever is said because you've already assumed that you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Actually the more I start to write about this, the more I see this as pointless. It's really no different than the church our neighbors go to that are batshit crazy with no evidence in evolution or that the planet and the universe is only 7.5 millions years old and that women should be home cooking and pregnant according to them. No matter what, I'm not going to change their views on anything as long as they keep their minds shut off to only seeing what they want to see.

Falstaff likes this.
  19. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I am 100% certain he is just a troll. Probably not even religious.

20. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

That's a no-brainer Trusteft...