Finally got the Z - Need a lil driver help

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Z/ZX/ZXR' started by mATTEUK360, Dec 15, 2017.

1. mATTEUK360

mATTEUK360 New Member

Ok, so today I did it I finally got a soundblaster z after using an extreme music and Roberts drivers for I cant tell you how many years. I got one because i was tired of all the searching, the searching for drivers that actually work.

So i got the thing, plugged it in and installed the latest drivers from creative prior to installing Roberts, as a ritural, so I can hear the rich contrast in sound as fully as possible. except I was really disappointed first of all I cant click the start menu! I dont know what else to say about that, creative drivers have actually broken my start menu, and literally everything has slowed down, something is seriously wrong with the windows 10 drivers.

I'm not too fussed with that but what I want to know before i return the Z, is it possible to use optical 6 channel DTS DDL and use "what you hear" to record at the same time? because currently "what you here" only works when using 2 channels.

Hope this makes sense

I'm on windows 10 pro 64bit fall creators update

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you installed main software first and then reboot then disable the driver sign go threw have disk?

3. Killkittie

Killkittie New Member

@RobertMcClelland I have pretty much exactly the same issue as the OP. Start menu not working/extremely slow pc/no sound. It’s come to the point where I just run an hdmi cable from my gfx card to external receiver for sound. My Zx sits in my pc looking pretty and doing nothing more.

Can you link me to install instructions please. I’ve tried loads of methods that people “think” will work, but never do.

For reference, here are my specs.....

Win10 home 64. Build 1709
    i7 5930k
    Zx(obviously)
    Asus X99 Deluxe mobo
    32gb Corsair Vengeance ram
    Asus Strix 1080Ti.
    And I boot off SSD.

This only came about after updating to 1709. The issue has forced me to start looking at a Xonar or any brand other than Creative. Please, any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  4. nickel

nickel New Member

Killkittie likes this.
  5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You might have refresh the pc then installed creative driver first then my set. And also make sure the sound from mother board is disable also graphic card sound too