1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

"Found new hardware" still appears after install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Enhanced_Interrogator, Nov 20, 2008.

1. I installed v3541 recently, and everytime I start windows the new hardware wizard comes up, even though the sound card and kx drivers still work. So somehow windows thinks no drivers are installed even though working drivers are installed. Anybody know what to do?
  2. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

did you have problems with the kX driver installation?
    Some thing Like "No Compatable sound card found"

What model sound card?
    What OS are you using?
    What does windows device manager show for your Sound and Audio device(s)?

The 'sound working in windows' could be windows driver for your sound card - that could be the new hardware found at boot up...
  3. LyyNx

LyyNx New Member

i'm guessing it's the creative game port. try windows update, it should find it.
  4. Thanks for the response guys

-No the installation went fine as far as I can tell
    -I don't remember anything like that, kx definitely found my card
    -Audigy 2, kx specifically says it is sb0240 10k2 b800
    -XP sp3
    -That's the thing, it recognizes the kx/creative soundcard, but also registers an unknown pci device, here's a pic

[​IMG]

And my gameport works great with my MIDI keyboard and these drivers, so I don't know if that is the problem
  5. Maddogg6

Maddogg6 Tail Razer

6. Wow, that's weird, I thought 3541 was the latest, like it was the only one linked from the page i went to. I'll try this new one and get back to you.
  7. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Can you do us a favor? Open up that unknown "PCI Input Device" listing from within "Device Manager", and go to the "Details" tab. Under the listing "Device Instance ID" you will see a bunch of numbers. Pay particular attention to the part of that number that says, "PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEV_xxxx". Once you have that post it back here, or you can even Google it to see what comes up for it. This will at the very least help us/you to figure out exactly what manufacturer made that part, as well as help narrow done the actual part itself, and it's drivers.

BTW, is this a fresh install of Windows?
  8. Russ

Russ New Member

As already stated, it is most likely the gameport. kX no longer includes the gameport driver (which BTW, is not needed for MIDI I/O). If you do not use it as a gameport, you can ignore it or disable it, or whatever. Otherwise you should you use the gameport driver from the Creative CD.
  9. Yeah, the new driver didn't change anything. Here's the number you're talking about PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_7003&SUBSYS_00601102&REV_04\4&2E98101C&0&19F0.

I guess "PCI input device" would most likely indicate the gameport. Would disabling it prevent me from using it as a MIDI input, or would I be able to re-enable it later if I wanted to play an old game or something?

EDIT: No, its not a fresh install of windows. I've had this computer for five years, I just recently stumbled across kx project and thought I'd install it since I listen to a lot of music on my computer.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  10. Russ

Russ New Member

Yeah, that is definitely the gameport.
    AFAIK, you should not have any problems using it for MIDI input (without the gameport driver), but I think all you need to install it is the INF from the Creative CD, so you might as well install it.

If you do not have your CD, try this one:
    ctgame2k.inf

BTW: I think the above INF may only be for A2 models (and later?), here is another one (in case other XP users are looking for it too):
    ctljystk.inf
  11. Cool, I had my CD and it installed the creative gameport. One more thing, I noticed that kx drivers don't lag with MIDI inputs like the creative ones did. Will this driver cause things to lag?
  12. Russ

Russ New Member

AFAIK, the gameport driver is just for use with joysticks/gamepads, etc, and MIDI I/O is handled by kX itself, so I do not think that MIDI I/O should be affected.
  13. ^that seems correct, everything works great, no lag. Thank y'all for the help.
  14. oddness

oddness New Member

Are you sure the OS is not just "discovering" the game port - the newer kx drivers don't provide the game port driver since they didn't work right anyway with xp/vista. If that's all that's happening, just disable the game port in device manager.