Guitar Hero III PC Requirements?!?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Jitter, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Jitter

Jitter Active Member

So I go into best buy today asking when guitar hero is coming out for PC.....He told me tomorrow but he had some in the back and I could get it if i wanted. I was all pumped.....Then I got the box and saw the requirements

PC MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

* Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista
    * CPU Processor: Intel Pentium D (Dual Core) 2.8GHZ or AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    * Memory: XP - 1 GB RAM, Vista – 2GB RAM
    * Hard Disk Space: 5.1 GB + 1GB Swap File
    * Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    * Video Card: 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 128 MB Video Memory
    * Video Card (ATI): Radeon X800
    * Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 7600
    * Media Required: 4X DVD-ROM drive
    * Windows XP/Vista compatible mouse and keyboard with latest drivers
    * Guitar Hero 3 Official PC Guitar Controller

This product does not support Windows 98/ME/2000/NT/XP x64/Vista x64.

MULTIPLAYER REQUIREMENTS:

* Internet(TCP/IP) play supported
    * Internet play requires a broadband connection

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

* Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHZ or AMD Athlon Dual Core 4400+
    * 256 MB 3D Hardware Accelerator Card
    * Video Card (ATI): Radeon HD 2600
    * Video Card (Nvidia): Geforce 8800 GT
    * 2 GB RAM

I think this is a bit ridiculous and I dont understand why the requirements are so high. I know my system is old but I still expected to be able to play this game w/o any trouble. Has any one tried the PC game w/ below min specs? I was tempted just to buy it to see what would happen but I am pretty far off the min specs. I have piano teaching software that I hook a full size keyboard up to the PC and that program requires basically nothing for requirements. It does not have any graphics so to speak but it still gives you a score based on your timing / mistakes. I was just shocked and highly disappointed. If anyone tries this game on an old system let me know.

2. Retarp

Retarp New Member

It must just be a lousy port of the XBOX360 version. The 360 has a X800 and a 3.0Ghz cpu in it right?

Edit: I'm actually surprised it takes over 5gigs on the install!

3. Zelig

Zelig New Member

Hahah, that's hilarious, it has quite high end system requirements, but doesn't support the most high end gaming OS.

4. drunkenthird

drunkenthird New Member

I have Vista and two gigs of memory and plenty 350 gigs of hard drive and so on and so forth...brand new computer and the game seems to work just fine all the way up until you actually start playing. The backround has so much going on (the fans and environment etc) that the whole thing just slows down like crazy. Throws the whole game and timing off and lags like mad. Pissed me off, thats for sure. It could be as simple as being able to just turn off the entire backround and all the retarded things going on and it would run smooth. But no.

5. Jesus those specs are SUPER unreasonably high, I mean its just a couple of band dudes moving in predetermined scripted sequence. Thats nuts and its really too bad as I love this franchise but wow thats just ridiculous. Whoever did the port really dropped the ball on this one. Those are freaking Crysis specs for crying out loud.

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Perhaps it runs under emulation mode lol.

7. coolmon1

coolmon1 New Member

very stupid

I have all requirments other than a 128 meg video card. Yes,the reason for the requirments is because it's an EXACT port of the 360 version,but it's suposed to be a bit laggy.

8. clicker666

clicker666 New Member

Anyone know if you can play with the 360 gamepad? I seem to lack the dexterity to wrestle any meaningful notes out of the actual guitar controller, and thought I might do better with a gamepad.

9. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent Staff Member

Get with the times, games have been eating our hard drive space for years :rolleyes:
    Just look at WoW, it's taking up 7gb at the minute with the 2.3.0 patch installed.

10. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I have the PC version and I have to say it's a freakin' blast. Great game and my first chance to play it since i have not had a console for years

11. nerdrock

nerdrock New Member

I tried it on my laptop (Amd x64 4000+ , gig of ram, radeon x600 mobility) and it's pure hell at the lowest possible settings, if you play on any difficulty higher than medium. Constant slowdown and de-syncing of the audio from what you're supposed to play makes it a painful experience.

You can use any pc-capable controller with it either natively, or though a bit of trickery (i cant remember the name of the utility i used to test this, but find something that allows you to bind gamepad buttons to keyboard keys, and it works like a charm)

12. Jitter

Jitter Active Member

I have been playing Frets on Fire which is an very good guitar hero clone and its totally free. Besides that people have made mods and several great songs. I believe you can also use any gamepads or even the guitar controller, but the game is natively set up to use the keyboard. People have also directly ported all GH songs (1-3) for FoF. If you want to play GH on PC i would definitely check this out.

13. Mazuko

Mazuko New Member

FoF is a good game but the notes are NEVER in synch with the audio no matter how much audio delay I throw in the loop.

I also picked up GH3 for PC and I have to say I love it. I did notice a few points of lagging up though, but usually that was when windows or something decided to check for updates at 3AM...woops haha.

14. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

I think it's your CPU the 3500+ is the recommended minimum CPU

15. jp306

jp306 New Member

I used a Saitek p880 gamepad and it worked fine, so I'm sure you could use the 360 controller.