1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

HANNspree HANNSpad 10.1" Android Tablet Review @ HH

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by craig5320, Sep 9, 2011.

1. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

HANNspree HANNSpad 10.1" Android Tablet Review

The HANNSpad has many of the same features and specifications as the ASUS Transformer but at a bargain £150 price. Let's find out if it is a worthwhile purchase and whether it is a tablet which is open to user customisation (Honeycomb on a £150 device anyone???).
  2. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy b b b b b BEER

i know a couple people with these, they're supposed to be good value :)

reading through this review (150 quid Hannspad with USB, HDMI, and plastic back...) does make me want to rant about HP and the TouchPad debacle though that thing was supposed to cost the same as an iPad 2 you know... but i won't bore y'all

good job with the review, as ever.

who's Niall Coleman btw? he new ?
    (or have i not been paying attention again..?)
  3. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Senior Editor Staff Member

You havent been paying attention again :p

As for the tablet, yeah... cant fault the value aspect... makes you see how much of a markup the higher spec tablets must have on them. (And also praise to ebuyer for the price as they have applied a discount)

P.S. Stop rubbing your i've got two touchpads awesomeness in our faces ;)
  4. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy b b b b b BEER

ah damnit, knew it was me :rolleyes:
    sorry Niall

the 150 quid price point is very good considering, there's very little middle ground in the tablet market atm (the rainforest place is gonna change that real soon though, huh)

P.S. sorry, didn't mean to. just that now i've lived with one for a little while, i just can't believe that HP thought that they'd get away with it at full price...
    throttled cpu, terrible background logging lag, no front camera, no HDMI, catastrophic mini (micro?) USB charging point (the one on mine is already a bit wibbly), cheap feeling plastic all over, and the worst standard web browser i've ever encountered.

don't get me wrong, the good points list is longer, but the money paid is about the only thing that makes the bad points list swallow_able
  5. Stuart_Davidson

Some really interesting feedback. Thx.
  6. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Awesome review! I love that you root it and installs Honeycomb on it and I agree, that what really kicks up the value on this cheap tablet.

Personally I'm going to wait for ICS, but it's interesting to see these cheap tables actually are worth the money.
  7. Wllie Ekaslike

Wllie Ekaslike New Member

Good review, which pleased me as I bought one of these from ebuyer this week (well at £150 you can't go wrong, can you?). I'm pleased with it so far, but have nothing to compare it with. Looking to root it to Honeycomb as soon as I have the time.

Willie -O^O-
  8. Stuart_Davidson

Welcome Willie, glad you like the tablet. It really is great value for money.

Just so you know, over at slatedroid there is a work in progress on a 3.2 rom, its not quite ready for the average user but it wont be far off.
  9. taffy2

taffy2 New Member

i got a hannspree myself its the pay for this and for that does my head in got to upgrade it with new software and get some free apps ,,,