help with compaq 6820s, x1350 & win7 64

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by greypey, Dec 19, 2012.

1. greypey

greypey New Member

hello everybody,
    i cant find any valid video driver for my Hp compaq 6820s for windows 7 64bit.
    i Think its equipped with an ati x1350, wich is totally absent from amd website, hp does not provide win 7 driver and vista ones does not work.
    they install but i can't find any control panel and the screen resolution is always wrong, absolutely no changes.
    no way either with automatic detection tools from amd, they simply don't recognize the hardware.
    tried mobility modder but still no control panel.
    i don't really know what to do, if someone could help me i would be very glad.
    thank you very much.

2. Tester32

Tester32 New Member

AW: help with compaq 6820s, x1350 & win7 64

Try to modd and to install this ATI Setup:
    "support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=Legacy1&os=Windows 7 - 64"

It is suitable for X-Series like X1300 and X1400, probably it will work for X1350.

Before running that (already modded) setup remove previous drivers.
    After running this modded setup you can find the CCC-Application under the list of installed software. In that application you can configure it.

3. Jam_Alex

Jam_Alex New Member

I have the same notebook. The original HP Vista 32bit drivers works good only for Win8 x86. Hopefully, I tried to install it for win8.1 x64. Amazingly, installation was correct)) But after reboot I have some problems, for example, notebook can't load start page! It's loading only after 2-5 wake-ups. So, I think to revert to win8