How to get Win95 games to work on XP?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Arikel, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Arikel

Arikel New Member

I've got the Win95 version of Blood Omen hanging around my apartment, but it doesn't seem to want to work on XP. Anyone have any ideas for getting this thing working? Any help would be appreciated.

2. jp306

jp306 New Member

The only way I know is to make your system duelboot with Win98 or ME/XP. Thats what I did ME/XP ...Yea it takes up a little HD space but it does work:)

3. zabaria

zabaria New Member

try to change the compatibility mode to win95 ---> properties on the exe file and then the tab comp.

4. reno

reno Painlord of Ichor

fh

Agh, that never works, and it runs slow as crap. Just dual boot, best solution.

Some stuff just will not work with XP nomatter what you do, end of story.

5. diamud

diamud New Member

I had the same problem with MechWarrior2:Mercs. The compatibility mode hard ever seems to work. I don't have room on my hd for dual boot, so I ended up just selling the game instead (and bought like ten newer games)

6. Necrosis

Necrosis New Member

I've never ever been able to get Mech Warrior 2 Merc's to ever work. However, every other game for MW I hav works great under XP. Heck, even the very first MW game for Nintendo works great!

P.S. It was so nice to be able to play MW3 again too. I still think 3 has much better game play than 4.

7. Redon

Redon New Member

I had a strange problem with Rogue Spear, but running the Program Compatability Wizard on it cured the problem. Haven't had to do that with any other program, but so far so good.

I used Win 98 Compatability mode....

8. animoco

animoco New Member

or you could search in the webpage of the game.. most of them have patch's for XP.. for example.. I downloaded the patch por Black&White ... :)

9. Toufas

Toufas New Member

if u have a friend with win98 get your drive there and install the game to your drive and install all patches and a no cd crack
    then u wont be able to have a prob...i had the same prob with star wars episode 1 racer

10. rdela171

rdela171 New Member

this is an issue that alot of people have

11. phoenixphylok

phoenixphylok Mega-Lurker

I personally use Virtual PC
    run that, install Win95 virtually(or ME).
    The games you would need win95 for wont need more specs than the virtual pc provides.(hopefully that is)

12. C3po

C3po New Member

Use vmware 3.0 to creat a virtual PC

13. TEBOOOKES J3W

TEBOOOKES J3W New Member

does an1 no how to get janes iaf working on a xp