Internal Webcam

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by Transk53, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

Hi peeps. A bit a pickle has errupted from my lappy. My external webcam has decided to crap out on me. The problem is that I did not activate the internal cam and now I am the toilet. I neglected to store the util disc that came with the lappy. The internal cam does not show up through DM or any other program directory, it is as if it is a Ghost.

Could one of please advise on how I can solve this. I know the cam works because through MMSN I did see it work. As such the software being pre-installed must have left a finger print. Checked the registry but do not know what third party software is the one. I managed to bone a W95 partition by mucking about with .regedit, so not keen to explore. Do any of know a generic app that would work or something else that could scan. Could something like Everest work. I know I could try first, but would rather you lot voice some opinions here..

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

while in the device manager... go to view then into "show hidden devices" it may be listed and hidden for some reason.

or have moved to one of the wrong categories.. i've seen some devices suddenly appear in the system part.

You should be able to get the utility and driver on the internet form the manufacturer.

3. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

Tried it again again with your system sugestion, but no luck. The manufacturer is Rock whom have since folded. The site linkage no longer works.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Not really sure what to suggest...

A system wipe and reinstall may "reveal" itself again ... but it's really hard to know for certain.

I don't really know what to suggest beyond that at this point.

I don't really recall an option in the bios of any laptops that disabled the internal camera... but there might be?

5. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

Thanks Judas :) Checked the bios way back. Considered a system wipe as well. The problem is that the only back up I would have, is an old SATA II Seagate drive. Could be flakey, but more importantly I would have to mod a caddy. Not sure that I could be bothered (yeah I know, blasphemy) so I think I will just by an external one. Can't be arsed with third party dvr's or drv agents.

6. Calliers

Calliers HH's Care Bear Staff Member

So have you done the system wipe yet?

7. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

Inevitably, it will actually be a Clevo/Sager laptop, so there may be some other places to find stuff for them.

8. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

No, do not see the need until I exhaust all possible avenues. In addition, I run a pretty tight system, so if deemed necessary I will hook an old SATA II drive to back up to.

Clevo it is. Not a lot out there to make it worth my while to persue it other than out of curiosity.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  9. ChristianC123

ChristianC123 New Member

First, go to Device Manager and see if there is a yellow mark next to the webcam device. The device may list under entry Imaging devices or Other devices

1. Right-click on the device and select Uninstall on the pop-up context menu. Following screenshot is for your reference.
    2.Reboot your computer. After rebooting, Windows will reinstall the driver automatically.
    3.Update the Driver Manually

Regards,
    Christian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.