Issue Soundblaster PCI512

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ivan_Arg, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Ivan_Arg

Ivan_Arg New Member

Hello everybody,

I´m Ivan from Argentina. I had the PCI 512 working with an old version of kxdriver (3550 i think, don´t remember because it was working flawlessly since 2016) in an old PC with windows XP SP2. I moved the soundcard one PCI slot down and after that the driver does not detect it anymore. The sound card works with the default drivers from windows and Everest detects it, but if I install the KXDriver I get an error message when the KXMIXER starts that says that there´s no compatible device. I get no error during the installation of KXDRIVER. I formated my C drive and reinstalled everything and nothing changed. I have sound from the default drivers and I had to change my audio configuration or my speakers going to die. I use this card as a speaker processor (xover, eq, delays). Please help me.

best regards,
    Ivan.

2. peate

peate Active Member

I know this is a stupid question but, did you try putting the card back in its original slot? Who knows, it might be that simple.

Here's something you can try: Install kX, ignore the error message, then right click the kX tray icon and do settings: reset global and device settings. Also, first re-boot after kX installs.