Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 April 2018 Update (build 1803)

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by MIG-31, May 1, 2018.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Microsoft began rolling out Windows 10 April 2018 Update. This isn't an ordinary "patch Tuesday" update, but a major update akin to "Fall Creators Update," which updates the build of the operating system to 1803. With it, Microsoft is introducing four major features to Windows 10 - Timeline, Focus Assist, Dictation, and a new and improved Edge web-browser. Timeline is essentially a time-linked file manager that organizes your files (and versions of them), e-mails, web-browser favorites, and search results, by time, so you can go back up to 30 days in time to find your stuff.

The disc image is available from Microsoft directly at this address.

2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids, 5 boys and 5 girls!

Since this latest update, the laptop I have...which is password protected...now requires that I CTRL-ALT-DEL to get to the password input upon starting/restarting the laptop. I use to be able to simply press the keypad or space bar to do so.

EDIT/UPATE: Disregard this. It has returned to the previous situation. It does appear, however, that as long as there is some heavy background activity going on, I'll have to wait until it finishes in order to proceed to the password input. <sigh>

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 10:07 PM
  3. clubrope

clubrope Member

Time to prepare things.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

dozens of machines.... absolutely no issues