Mobility Radeon 9000 & Flight Simulator X

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by jfchiro, Dec 28, 2006.

1. jfchiro

jfchiro New Member

Hello,

I recently recvd the new microsoft flight simulator X. Once installed, and started program...states that my video card may not work with the program, and to update the driver. went to manufacturer website and tech support, dont have or cant give me the help i need. So, does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next, besides buy and new card?

I do know that my system's card is integrated into the motherboard.

2. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

3. jfchiro

jfchiro New Member

ok, i am pretty new to some of this stuff. is there anything i need to becareful of or watch out for? is it hard to use the other links you listed?

I just dont want to mess up my system with unknown stuff.
    Thanks for the help.

4. alba99

alba99 New Member

Hasn't worked for me, but I have been playing around all day with drivers, maybe I should start from scratch with a fresh install. The problem being is Direct3D never installs

Les

5. jfchiro

jfchiro New Member

well,

after updating .Net to 2.0, and installing the most recent Cat driver for Radeon 9000 and running the DH Modtool......it works. It runs a little slow, but I think that is because of my limited memory. I have to upgrade that next.

But it plays, so I thank you for your help.

6. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Glad is worked out for you. With older cards like that, performance is going to be an issue. Good luck, and enjoy your game.