1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

New INSANE hirez pack for HL2 out

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Pluvious, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Surprised DH didn't have this on the front pages as NEWS but check this out:

Description:
    This is the long awaited next version of Fakefactory's Cinematic mod but this version changes all of the textures to an insane high level of detail which is brilliant. And it also adds the following game changes. Music: It adds a more of an musical score to Half-Life 2 which makes the game a whole lot better. It actually gives it an "Hollywood" feel. Textures: It changes almost every Low-Resolution texture to an High-Resolution texture. Which gives the game a more immersing feel to it. It almost makes it look life-like. Weapons: It adds more balancing to weapons and strengthens the weapons to a more realistic level and the damages are life-life as well (e.g. One shot to the head = One kill) but unfortunately for you that same rule applies. Full disclosure of all of the changes can be found in the readme file. Great work as usual FakeFactory.

http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/HalfLife_2_Fakefactory_Cinematic_Insane_Hires;54352

A new Hi-REZ pack that makes ALL the textures better. Awesome new intro movie that actauly explains things and sets up the game better. The new soundtrack is really inspiring as well. Very grand.
    The high res runs fine on my rig even with 2x AA on! (all HIGH) Until you get the flashlight with the suit you might not notice the detail in the faces. Barney's sideburns are a good example.
    One small quirk though.. I had some really weird problems after you get teleported outside near the window. I started seeing CODE(?) in the flashes and the hud got all messed up after that.
  2. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

I wonder how this would run on a 9800p...
  3. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Its actually not that much more demanding. It also adds a great amount of depth to the textures. I have been using fake factories hi res models for HL 2 since they had em out.
  4. Dark Lord

Dark Lord New Member

downloading now. ive been useing the other fakefactory stuff already and love it.
  5. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Wow.. the weapon damage adjustment is really well done. The gun sounds have been beefed up as well. I'm a little past the canals from a restart on Normal difficultly. Really cool how the music is done, gotta say.. the texttures on the radios, coke machines and even the weapons are just amazing. Pretty large file but WELL worth it IMHO.
  6. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Downloading now...this is great news and proves the HL2 engine could compete if not beat the Doom3 engine in the future. Think Quake 4 but with HL2 massive fps and scalability on older cards! Question is, can other game companies use this engine or is it valve only? Cause they barely have any titles.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  7. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

8. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

ya i scooped these up the opther day, i like the more classic movie music effect and the beginning movie how it explained a lil of the HL2 story, but the new textures are amazing and all the new looks of the the characters, i really like the new combine soldiers look, very impressive, as i had not a trouble with eveything maxed out ingame w 2aa 4af, also played very well most of the time at 4aa 8af but the water scenes were a lil iffy @ like 25 fps or less, my vid card is chokin me now with this new setup
  9. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I'm planning on running it at 1156x 4AA/8AF Adaptive Antialiasing hopefully it doesnt choke.
  10. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

wow...talk about photo realistic detail...damn... :eek:
  11. awesome downloading now, wont be able to play till tomorrow but ah well, Ive never played HL2 all the way through so tomorrows the day.
  12. [hobo]eclipse

ya i also had on adaptive aa and HQ af, both set via tray tools with a rez of 1280*800 at 85htz
  13. Dark Lord

Dark Lord New Member

damn, the game looks amazing with this new mod.
  14. [hobo]eclipse

some screenies!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Here's a few of mine.. came out a lot darker compared to ingame..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the lab I found this improvement as well:

[​IMG]

And quite impressive is his use of this picture of Bai Ling :
    [​IMG]

to create this:
    [​IMG]
  16. Dark Lord

Dark Lord New Member

good to see imageshack is back up, ill put up some of mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Dark Lord

Dark Lord New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

im running everything on high, 1024x768, 6xaa, 16xaf. ive only seen a couple of drops below 30fps.
  18. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Load times are a killer with this hi res pack sometimes up to a minute!

Im running 1156x 4A All settings high but the load times are driving me nuts.
  19. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

I'm not seeing how this makes a hill of beans worth of difference if you're actually playing the game. Sure, if you walk around TRYING to admire them, it would, but unless you stop and read everything and go 'wow, look at the wall" for 5 minutes here and there, it seems useless
  20. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Believe me PJ the game looks and plays quite a bit better if you have a good enough system on it. At first its like ooo ahh and standing around studdying the detail, but it just plays differently to me. It isn't a prob for my rig so, hell, why not : ).