New Pax Driver and Suite Discuss Thread

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time

Here you can talked about my lastest downloads hopely this will be less confusing then other threads I made download thread only so you know where you can download it I hope this help in future.

2. Chert

Chert New Member

Re: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

hi. tried to install v1.60 and got the installation error that the OS should be winxp or higher. i'm running win 7 x64. hope you can help me. thanks.

3. iarik

iarik New Member

Îòâåò: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

Robert, thank you to you large for your fag, all works primely.

4. iarik

iarik New Member

Îòâåò: Re: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

I'm running v1.60 on Win 7 Ultimate x64 without any problems

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  5. Chert

Chert New Member

Re: Îòâåò: Re: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

i don't know what's happening. i keep on getting the unsupported OS installation error when trying to install this driver. i don't get this error in previous versions of the driver. :(

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Did you clean out your registry?

7. Chert

Chert New Member

finally was able to install the driver. i just run setup.exe as an admin and it worked. :)

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Ahhh yes...... the Win7 run as admin deal

Robert McClelland likes this.
  9. sushiglobster

sushiglobster New Member

Hello, first time poster, I'm running in to issues.

I have a PCI X-FI Elie Pro

I have the 1.60 drivers

I have a set of Logitech Z-5500 speakers

First off I experienced this same problem with the 1.50 drivers.

Basically, NO AUDIO from optical. I can get audio with the analogs, but no audio through digital coax or optical. I also cannot launch the audio control console, it says that the audio device is not detected.

The external Elite Pro Console is also unresponsive. No buttons or LEDs work. After reading through the older forum, it seems people had similar issues with their external Elite Pro consoles as well.

What could I be doing wrong here? I've mastered the art of removing all of creative's old drivers before installing anything new, I don't think thats the problem.

anyone else having similar issues with x-fi elite pro and these latest 1.60 drivers?

By the way, 1.4 drivers work without issue, I will probably have to go back to those.

EDIT: Problem Fixed. I took a different approach and installed the drivers twice, basically had them overlap eachother. Now it works...so....thats good news :)

EDIT again: Actually, the external console still doesn't work....Maybe...I'll try a reinstall of everything again... *shrug* audio works...I can select and change options in the Audio Control Panel, but the actual external console doesn't seem to be responding.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  10. Robert McClelland

Hi mate I be releasing XFI Suite shortly with Auzen stuff :). It would be out later tonight.

Stop It likes this.
  11. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

Just wanted to post saying that I'm now using your latest drivers and they work brilliantly.

Coupled with the nice new 2010 software suite makes me a very happy bunny. Thanks for all of your hard work :)

Robert McClelland likes this.
  12. makemyday

makemyday New Member

AW: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

hi Robert,
    i'm using pax 1.6 and before i'll tell you about my problem i'd like to say thank u, because i really appreciate your effort.

the problem:

games: KillingFloor, RedOrchestra (Enginge of both of them: ut2004)

I get an bluescreen(ctaud2k.sys) if i play with "HW3D Sound"/"HW3D Sound + EAX"("use system driver" unchecked) after short time.
    The more ppl on the server, the shorter i can play before the bs comes.
    If i have "use system driver" checked, the game will use it's own driver forcing the CPU to care about the audio. => crap sound

i hope you can fix that problem, because many ppl have it and theres no version of no driver working with ut2004-games and HW3D audio.

thx for reading & regards make

13. Robert McClelland

Re: AW: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

Did you do the steps as I stay? Clean our reg and defrag it? If you don't feel this driver right for you go back to stable v1.40 driver set.

14. Robert McClelland

Np your welcome :). Ya lots of work went into this lol.

15. Robert McClelland

Just make sure you uncheck your SPDIF in mixer ;) then you get sound.

16. uchihas

uchihas New Member

I've installed this driver and the 2010 Suite, CMSS3D completely deactivated. Even if I activate it, it doesn't work. Installed v1.40 with 2010 Suite and it's completely functional.

Card is X-Fi XtremeMusic.

P.S.: I don't know how to change signature and (I don't know how to say the image below my nickname in English).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  17. Robert McClelland

Hi mate you didn't installed suite on top old one did you? You need delete old suit off hard drive and main menu. You need to stop creative service in task manager to delete old creative folder. And start menu. And then run driver cleaner or sweaper I do recommed driver cleaner.

18. makemyday

makemyday New Member

AW: Re: AW: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

yes i did.
    ok i'll try 1.4

19. uchihas

uchihas New Member

I deleted completely all Creative & PAX things, included going safe mode and cleaning with DriverSweeper. I installed v1.40 over v1.60 and it works fine, but v1.60 won't work CMSS3D :S.

20. sushiglobster

sushiglobster New Member

I did uncheck it in mixer and still no sound. I just got done uninstalling 1.60 and was preparing to reinstall it again because I ran in to some weird BSOD issues with it. Now I'm back to having no sound and the external console for x-fi elite does not work. It is unresponsive to all settings.

So...I have the latest suit installed...1.60 installed...and I have no sound through optical or digi-coax. The only sound I get is through my analog selection on my Logitech Z-5500 speakers. I have no idea whats going on. I guess I have to go back to 1.40. I had ZERO issues with that one and it was super solid. Maybe I'll try installing 1.40 then go to 1.60.