New Pax Driver and Suite Discuss Thread

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by Robert McClelland, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Re: New Pax Driver and Suite Discus Thread

Sorry the EAX doesn't work with 7 at all you may want upgrade to PCI XFI or Titanium card

2. silu00

silu00 New Member

I like these modded drivers, they're really better than the the original ones. I don't like, however, the latest sets. I registered just to let you know that I don't like the direction of the last releases. The bass is strong but not clear. High and mid frequencies sound faded, which is very audible while gaming(tested on Sniper Elite V2, killcams have a whole range of different mid to high sounds) The sound in general isn't clear, you can't hear the particular sounds in the wave, it's like a lower quality mp3 you know.

v1.40 and the newest 1.0 2012 driver are worst. I spent a lot of time in console launcher to adjust it to my liking and I couldn't. It has all the aforementioned flaws.

1.30 is definitely better than 1.40 but lacks a little punch.

1.25 - and that's the keeper. With some bass adjustment in console launcher I got the best balance between clear, deep bass and audible higher frequencies. No sound overwhelms the other. It's perfect.

X-Fi Music soundcard

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  3. Robert McClelland

Hmm I might go back to v1.25 settings and improve the tweaks. I take look around see this why I haven't release official yet taking my time with the tweaks again Sorry for late reply miss this thread :).

4. Nosaj1984

Nosaj1984 New Member

Liking the 4.75 drivers for the Forte. Bass has more punch and the highs come out just right for my stereo speakers. Didn't need to touch the bass or treble. Everything is at default, even with the Crystalizer and CMSS-3D on.

Before it was kinda muddled with the same settings.

Keep up the good work.

Now if I get my lazy ass to install my new speakers to see how they perform with those. :hmm:

5. nicoliani

nicoliani New Member

During installation at the end of it I got the error message "Error I-001" the install can't go on...

I installed the "PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite V1.50" for my "Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series"

In the Creative folder I have five things "Audio Console", "Mode switcher", "THX Setup", "Volume Panel" and "Alchemy".

I don't find any app where I can switch my EQ settings as I used to in the Creative programs.

I try to install something manually now the "CSLaunch", but get error code: -6003.
    I did what it said, close running programs and empty temp folder, but it didn't go on...

Well I tried all other, it doesn't seem to be able to do it manually with any of them.

Just to note I even deleted the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE entries anything that had with Creative and CREATIVE TECH in Software and Software/Wow6432Node.

When I reboot for another try Creative is recognized and installed but now I get an pop up, the install is looking for ...CRF000\AudCon in C:\Windows\Temp... (layout.bin), and asking for a disc. I click no, and the result is that Audio Launch Panel didn't properly install...

I'm now going install the PAX drivers again to see if it goes well.

This time it all went well.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  6. snoopher

snoopher New Member

I've got the same problem as u are but still fightin with it :/ even tried install in safe mode but nothin help :(
    What i need to do now?

My spec - Win7 64 and X-Fi Titanium (PCIe)
    which pack from PAX is best for me?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  7. Robert McClelland

Try the 2.50 test sets no issue now.

8. snoopher

snoopher New Member

THX a lot. Finally works fine.
    Installed in safe mode and no errors.

THX again. Merry X-Mas :)

9. 104th PoleCat

104th PoleCat New Member

Just tried the install of the PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2013 V1.00 Default Tweak Edition drivers (Windows 8 x64) for my X-Fi extreme gamer and everything installs fine but I get no Volume panel. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help..

~Paul

10. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Member

the pax driver download link dose not work

11. Balantakos

Balantakos Member

need link of the latest drivers for x-fi extreme music please :)

12. grandmike

grandmike New Member

Can someone please upload PAX Suite 2.0 to an alternative cloud site as the existing one is ALL down ! .. Please ... Need Help here

13. Robert McClelland

Sorry Man You have used the new set I do have 2.50 reupload for new link Old FTP server gone for good.

14. grandmike

grandmike New Member

Well then where can I find the version 2.5 ?? seems that the links are not working ... Thank You

15. will9895

will9895 New Member

It seems like all links are down. Hope they come up again soon, I've been really impressed with this software

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  16. Robert McClelland

I will upload 2.50 soon I got see if I have around my pc my backup drive. Anyway please do try the 2013 sets I be reworking it with new beta set that was posted for pci xfi cards I will updated it. Going work on sets afternoon soon I get up. And on Thursday also. I loss all my drivers on old FTP site. No way get them back.

17. flipp022

flipp022 New Member

Creative have no knowledge of Creative sound cards.

default that the console will go back to the main menu
    creative the equalizer Switch every 2 minute automatically back to main screen if is inactive.
    how I can you stop this ,I need only the equalizer , I want equalizer remain in him mode where I him put in
    and not automatic switch back every 2 min back to main screen , creative is crazy , how can creative made this or have creative no brain
    creative you say audiophile's sound card, A audiophile need always equalizer remain in him mode and not every 2 minute automatically back to main screen
    that is crazy

for all soundcards of creative,
    ENTERTAINMENT-MODUS is made for play, audio and video,and then it is good,
    but I use ENTERTAINMENT-MODUS for editing audio recordings and then work it not good
    what have you more as in other mode, as in ENTERTAINMENT-MODUS the bass and the treble buttons,
    I need this for editing audio files, Graphic Equalizer and the bass and the treble buttons,
    and not automatically switches back to normal mode, so can you not works in that mode ,
    I have nothing of Audiocratie-modus is for external sources , the audio file is on my hard drive ,
    I use Creative MediaSource 5 Player as player and recorder , on this wat have I all the bass and the treble buttons and the Equalizer,
    use you
    VLC PLAYER - THE equalizer of vlc player remain in him mode
    Windows Media Player - THE equalizer of Windows Media Playe remain in him mode
    Adobe Audition CS6 - THE equalizer of Adobe Audition CS6 remain in him mode
    Sound Forge Pro 10.0 - THE equalizer of Sound Forge Pro 10.0 remain in him mode
    only Creative sound card switch THE equalizerback every 2 min automatically back to main screen,
    it repenteth not my hands, I can myself switches to a other mode , I need not that Creative sound cards , that do for my,
    therefore has Creative no knowledge of Creative sound cards.
    flipp022 or Ane

18. xeltos

xeltos New Member

Any chance of getting a master suite with CMSS-3D, and toggles for bass/treble on the main launcher? for X-Fi 5.1 Surround Pro (USB) I wish i knew what my old soundcard was. It was a sound blaster but it was gold plated...i really wish i could get it onto windows 7 somehow.

Model is SB1095

19. x24200

x24200 New Member

Hi Rob!
    Would you please reupload the stand alone version of X-Fi Console Launcher? The old link is dead dl.technewshw.com/drivers/PAX/PAX%20Console%20Launcher%20V1.10.7z . I really need it stand alone. Thank you!

20. Robert McClelland