1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

NFS Most Wanted 2012 reboot

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Trusteft, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I tried the demo on the PS3.
    They did not even try to hide the fact this is nothing but a remake of Burnout Paradise, did they? Anyway, the graphics are obviously better or at least feel better to me, compared to the PC version of BP. I am not sure about the handling of the cars yet, but at least the sound is much better IMO. In the demo the police was very easy to avoid, much easier than in the original Most Wanted, but I am fine with that.

In general it looks like a fine addition to the Burnout Paradise "series".

Apart from one thing. Not sure how it is in the full game, I guess it's the same, THE DEMO REQUIRES YOU TO JOIN ORIGIN for any online related activities, be it multiplayer or I guess later on DLC. ARE YOU FRAKING KIDDING ME? Why would I want to join ORIGIN on my console?

Disgusted. :annoyed:
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

of course.. EA is pushing origin as if it were the some religious prophet or savoir.... Actually i think i toned that down to much.... EA thinks Origin is God.....
  3. Trusteft

Yes, Origin is EA's Microsoft's Kinect.

I am sick of them.
  4. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

Maybe it's time for me to pop in the original NFS:MW :)
  5. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Mind you EA, at least for the full game in this case (maybe in the demo too), is using Origin for other things too. In particular, Speed Points accumulated in NFSMW on other platforms is share-able between the different versions (so if you've got all the stuff open on the Android version, and have a ton of points left over, you can use those points on the console version, and vice versa). As well as Autolog/Most Wanted Lists support, and Cloudcompete ranking that incorporates gameplay/ranking across all the systems you play on.

Kinda cool for the full game, but for the demo.. seems kinda stupid to require it unless the idea is not to penalize you for playing the demo (by this I mean if you do buy the full game you're not starting from scratch because everything you did in the demo counts towards your scores/points/rankings).
  6. Callandor

Callandor HH's Rogue Ninja Staff Member

If you ask me EA is going to run the Need for Speed series into the ground. People want a Need for Speed Underground 3, they're not getting it, EA has failed to listen to it's user base. They're not giving us what we want, but just doing whatever the hell they want. (or maybe whatever the president of EA's son wants)

I stopped buying Need for Speed because Criterion games has ruined Need for Speed for me, I effin hate what they have done with the series. And Slightly Mad Studios is not doing a good job with the Need for Speed Shift series of games anymore either. Need for Speed as we once knew it (in the old NFSUG days and even before that) is well and truly dead.

Sad thing is it might continue to go on like this as people might continue to buy these shitty games anyway. Too many kids who don't know what an arcade racing game is supposed to be like around these days.
  7. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

Or maybe you're just getting old and not adapting to the changing times. :duh:
  8. Trusteft

No, Callandor is right. They have taken the NFS name and made a Frankestein monster just to capitalize on the NFS name.
    They were too afraid to use a new name and just decided to eat the NFS name.
  9. Callandor

I thought that too, and I was like man if that's true, then....I don't know lol.

When I was younger I used to play and enjoy any game I could get my hands on, but now I'm down to only playing one game regularly. :sigh:
  10. Tipstaff

I got into an argument of all things about NFS.. started out great, both of us admiring the Black Box "golden years", but then it got ugly because the guy insisted EA should give NFS development back to Black Box so that they could fix it. I couldn't believe he said that.

"You do realize it was Black Box that destroyed the series?"

OMG.. wrong thing to say.

"You don't know what the f**k you're talking about. It was Criterion that destroyed the series with that POS "The Run" last year!"

LOL.. I just started laughing my ass off.

"Criterion didn't do "The Run". Black Box did."

"No they didn't."

"Oh.. yeah they did. <tap tap> Here.. look.."

Ever have a moment when the universe sits up, and high fives you? Yep.. amazing.

"Criterion did Hot Pursuit 2010, but it was Black Box that did "The Run" in 2011, and I agree, that game was shit. It was even voted as the worst game of the year, BUT it wasn't Criterion that did that game. It was Black Box."

<sigh> I should feel bad about sticking it to him, but... then again.. never did like that asswipe, so....
  11. Callandor

So Tipstaff, let me ask you this. Are you happy about Need For Speed turning into Burnout?

I admit The Run was really bad but I think Criterion isn't doing a good job with the NFS series either. And neither is Slightly Mad Studios, they are, as their name states, slightly mad these days.
  12. Tipstaff

Hell no. Burnout, for me, was all about competition against other players, or having fun with friends. That's all great, but single player is where it's at for me. It lacks a solid single player game, so the game got boring real fast. Haven't tried the new one yet though, so I can't speak on that. Will tonight...

Personally, I'm in the same opinion as everyone else. Underground, Underground 2, the original Most Wanted, and especially Carbon are still my favourites. I would love to see true sequels to these. I want that large city free-roam, with car customizing (paint/body kits, decals, individual upgrades.. all that goodness of tuning), having to race lower racers, then bosses for their districts, and although I haven't played the "Own the City" version of Carbon the idea of missions was cool, and hiring crew/wingmen that had their own "styles" sounded cool too.

Damn.. now I have a nostalgic itch to scratch. Time to go dig out my PC NFSMW and/or Carbon, and throw some of that ENB goodness at it. ;)

Edit: wow.. found my old Carbon car pics on Photobucket...
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012