Not Enough ASIO output channels available. At least 2 Channels are needed

Discussion in 'ASIO' started by scottthafoo, May 4, 2009.

1. scottthafoo

scottthafoo New Member

I'm trying to record my audio from my roland fantom XR into FL STUDIO 8 using my M-BOX 2. Everytime I select the DIGIDESIGN ASIO DRIVER in my audio settings it says this:

"Error while creating ASIO Driver"

"Not Enough ASIO output channels available. At least 2 Channels are needed"

If i try to use programs like REAPER or SONAR it won't even show up at a choice of driver. I've tried for months to find out this answer but people from DIGIDESIGN and IMAGE-LINE don't know. Someone told me you guys are good! Any help would be appreciated! :mad:

2. Russ

Russ New Member

Well I do not know anything about the DIGIDESIGN ASIO DRIVER (this section of the forum is for the kX ASIO driver), but I would refer to the documentation for that driver and make sure that the sampling rate and bit depth settings in FL Studio match what is supported by the driver and your hardware.

Standalone Digidesign Windows Audio Drivers

I would also check the FAQ to see if anything there applies to you:
    Digidesign ASIO Driver 7.x Answerbase

3. siktuned

siktuned New Member

AW: Not Enough ASIO output channels available. At least 2 Channels are needed

If that one is not working, you still could try the Asio4All driver ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver

i used it before i tried out the kX-Driver and it worked fine for me...

it works nearly with every soundcard, that is the big advantage of it and latencies are also very good (around 5-6 ms if your computer is optimized for recording...)

4. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

Confirmed. But with a kX-compatible card it´s wise to take the kX ASIO driver ;)