old SB live 5.1 and Win 7 ult 64 bit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jemtray, May 31, 2012.

1. jemtray

jemtray New Member

Hi everyone, I have owned an 8 bit SB live 5.1 for a while now but was forced to buy a Xfi Xtreme Audio Pci-e for Win 7 64 bit platform, but for 18 months now I have put up with the crackling when switching between windows and an over compression effect on music playback! is there anyway I can use my old PCI SB Live in Win & 64 bit or how can I sort out this new Pci-e card as the sound for a so-called more up-to-date card is incomparable to the old SB live PCI card,:sigh:

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

What is the number on that SB Live! ?

3. jemtray

jemtray New Member

Number? It is a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 there's a yellow label like a sticky tag and a white CE with Model number SB0220 also a serial number; C6SB022641500478R.
    What is the Importance in that?

4. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

5. jemtray

jemtray New Member

well would you credit it?? having to check a piece of hardware for serial no. because it may not be supported??
    I've never heard of that kind of bad service before...

Not all English are devious just as I suppose all Americans are not Over weight.

Feed your face!.... Only kidding with you but seriously how bad is that!!!

6. jemtray

jemtray New Member

Sorry I just realised/seen that the support is from KX! I feel like a stupid so and so
    I've just checked and mine is a 10K1 based chip but it say's it is mostly supported??
    I have tried to load the driver's but was only able to hear the card putting out white noise also Windows became very slow, I had no better idea what could be causing this so I gave up, Looks like I'm going to have to buy another card because this Xfi Audio Xtreme is a load of Crap!
    Any recommendations?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  7. jaromanda

jaromanda Active Member

edit: never mind

8. jemtray

jemtray New Member

oh well it looks like I'll buy a Maudio 2496 I hear they can handle all windows platforms so i think it's the best option, thanks for your help on this it is at least a process of elimination which I couldn't have done without you. thanks.