PAX_MASTER_PCI_XFI_Driver_Suite_2016_Win_Ten_V_1.05_ALL_OS_Stable_Drivers_Default_Tweak_Edition

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Well this sucks I went put my old xfi music card in and my windows both wouldn't boot so this going set me back few days sorrry. I lost all my recent work no need to worry have it back up my tweaks. Just reformatted 7 then ten again that what sucks and updating too. At least I fresh os installed lol

2. Robert McClelland

Sounds like time do good old formated.

3. Robert McClelland

Well this sucks I had reformatted some reason I put my old xfi music card in and didn't reboot to windows something worng with boot loader. It's going set me back few days plus I think it's ib week in destiny this week.

4. demonixient

demonixient Member

Bad luck! That's why I test on a spare drive - I unplug my drives and plug in the spare and I can test knowing that no harm can come to my Windows 8.1 installation.

Although I am doubtful, I shall also reinstall 10 like you said.

5. demonixient

demonixient Member

Okay I think have made some progress! I reinstalled Windows 10 as requested. II still get the previously mentioned error when installing PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2016 Win Ten V 1.05 ALL OS Stable Drivers Default Tweak Edition. After closing the error window, I then get a black screen that I can only close with Task Manager. Once the setup was terminated, I installed the driver through Device Manager.

I want to be clear that Console Launcher did not install. I think something in the setup script (?) is wrong, but I don't know enough about this to check or be confident in this guess.

I am able to setup the speakers and hear Windows sounds from all my speakers. Microsoft Edge was able to play Youtube videos from all speakers. Firefox doesn't give any sound from any Youtube videos - but I was able to get sound from this site which is Flash based.

In games I only get sound from the front speakers.

I get the below error message when trying to change sound settings:
    [​IMG]

6. Robert McClelland

You may have to install creative drivers then mine. Was there old suite that work for you.

7. demonixient

demonixient Member

I have finally made some positive progress - but not with this 2016 set, sadly :(

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 x64 and installed SBXF_PCDRV_L11_2_30_0011 from Creative. Configuring the sound settings was more awkward for me without being able to use Console Launcher. Sound worked from all applications and websites from all my speakers, just like it does with Windows 8.1.

I then installed PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2015V 1.05 ALL OS Stable Drivers Default Tweak Edition. I am happy now, because I can use Console Launcher to configure my speakers and sound how I like it. :D

PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2016 Win Ten V 1.05 ALL OS Stable Drivers Default Tweak Edition still gives me the errors as mentioned before and the black screen. It does not attempt to install the drivers or Console Launcher.

I will soon try PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2015V 1.15 ALL OS Stable Drivers Default Tweak Edition to see if perhaps some error has been introduced into setup since 2015 v1.05.

8. demonixient

demonixient Member

PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2015V 1.15 ALL OS Stable Drivers Default Tweak Edition also works, but I must say that the sound doesn't seem so good as v1.05 - not as much bass.

9. caleb59

caleb59 New Member

I must ask - how the hell you manage to install SBXF_PCDRV_L11_2_30_0011 without BSOD!?

10. demonixient

demonixient Member

Have you tried to install it on a clean installation of Windows 10? I have lots of issues when I try to reinstall it.

11. caleb59

caleb59 New Member

Yes! 2.30.0011 was first driver that I installed on fresh Windows 10 Pro X64 and I've got instant BSOD...
    Then I cleaned everything and installed earlier 2.30.0010 without problems!
    I think maybe even you wrote about instalation issues with 2.30.0011 somewhere at this forum but I can't find this right now...
    I'm afraid to install PAX drivers at this moment - I would like to wait for a truly stable set because I don't want to f*ck up my whole and still fresh system...

12. FlashX

FlashX Member

I followed this problems a long time (since first W10 preview) and
    want to post some about it - maybe it helps someone ...

I mixed the DK with the PAX package; the first one was a mix of
    DK with PAX based on 2_30_0007, then with 2_30_0010, at last
    with 2_30_0011 - and it worked under all circumstances, never
    had any problems til now.

The "wdma_emu.inf" based on an older inf from Robert, changed a .cab file
    and ... (if you want to know more then look at my MEGA upload).

Why i mixed them ? Because i found that Roberts set sounds much much better
    then original CT and DK drivers - but DK coded some special files that allow
    better install procedure and it gives you all apps and features provided with
    the original CT installation CD for my pci X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion.

I deactivated driver signing check ... , you have to follow Roberts install
    and uninstall tips as always ...

For me every thing works correctly and sound is very cool (THANK YOU ROBERT)!

link to DK-PAX-package:
    https://mega.nz/#!YAdmlbLb

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  13. Robert McClelland

I will let you know, after I rebuild and test on my music it be few days.

14. demonixient

demonixient Member

If you need me to test anything or want to try anything on my PC via Teamviwer, let me know Robert. I would be more than happy to help you with these drivers.

Robert McClelland likes this.
  15. Robert McClelland

Thanks today been hard sleeping day because of system that moving threw Midwest right now. It's driving my marfans nuts right now. It like your tired enough but can't sleep yet I had no sleep since 10 PM from 5 pm other day. Had sinus cold for bit went away after that nap.

16. caleb59

caleb59 New Member

So what's up @robert? Any new progress? We all still waiting and wish you good luck with a new and this time hopefully stable set of your drivers!

17. Robert McClelland

ya got windows 7 back installled good to go right now I'm about work on the driver

18. Robert McClelland

I got some good news and bad news. Good news the drivers work fine. Bad news Console launcher doesn't work with lastest build Creative need fix that issue there no work around. But the creative control panel fully works.