PAX_SBXF_PCDRV_L11_2_30_0010_2015V1.00 Fully working driver for 10 now :D

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Make sure you disable driver sign then go have threw disk :) but make sure official drivers are installed first only way make them work right way.

2. Thrillceekah

Thrillceekah New Member

any ideas why my volume settings always reset ? tried the reset and standby things but no chance. its resetting always to 30 after starting the pc.rest settings saved correct only the volume level. newest windows 10 version x64bit and all drivers.

3. Robert McClelland

Did you put your computer to sleep after you save your settings then wake it?

4. Thrillceekah

Thrillceekah New Member

Yes Robert.tried it many times.oh and i noticed it saves only when i restart my pc. after complete shutdown the volumelevel is back to 30. but i should be on 90.on standby mode it saves too... but after shutdown its not saved anymore.tried all drivers yours,creative original and daniel k's everytime the same problem ..fresh windows too.

5. Robert McClelland

odd you should post your info to creative on there forum boards.

6. demonixient

demonixient Member

Rob, do you see any issue with my method of installation as described in post #18?

7. Robert McClelland

Try disable driver en stuff see what happens. Did you installed official ones first then mine threw have disk?

8. Robert McClelland

it's out now :).

9. westk

westk New Member

Can you confirm that this driver works in W8.1 x64 too?

10. ariewisnoe

ariewisnoe New Member

Hello Robert...when you release PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite for win 10?

11. Robert McClelland

When I get chance might be after new years I came down with sinus infection since last Friday been taking meds try get get better by Christmas day so I can see everyone. I might whip something up after Christmas. I'd been busy also making new older computer for my niece and nephew and my 3rd brother and his wife they don't have the money like that by new one. I'm giving them my old 890 fx UD 5 Board and gigabyte 5850 card and 90 gig vertex ssd and 1tb and 8 gig corsair ram and amd t1055 x6 core 2.8gig they have very old p4 2.4gz lol that way my nephew who 5 now have faster cpu for learning games. Plus he doesn't have wait ten mins to it loads hehe

12. ariewisnoe

ariewisnoe New Member

still waiting...:(

13. Robert McClelland

You know you can copy paste the driver in to the driver folder? That what I do that easy

14. Robert McClelland

I make test set

15. sambul18

sambul18 New Member

I'm new to PAX drivers. Are they marked in any way in Device Manager different from Creative drivers? I first uninstalled older driver, cleaned up, and installed genuine Creative SBXF_PCDRV_L11_2_30_0010 Win10 driver, then rebooted and installed PAX driver that comes with
    PAX_MASTER_PCI_XFI_Driver_Suite_2016_Win_V_1.00_AL package. Now I see these options in Device Manager:

[​IMG]

In that menu I don't see any drivers marked PAX, only the original Creative Win 10 driver, and some older driver. Does that mean, the PAX package installed the older driver? How I can distinguish btw PAX and Creative drivers here? So I selected again v.6.0.230.10 from the above menu and reboot with Driver Sig off.

What do you mean? I have CREATIVE SB X-Fi PCI 0460 XtremeMusic card, and with Creative Win 10 drivers I can see all the controls you mentioned, nothing changed in Windows Sound Panel Properties for Creative Speakers after PAX driver install, I had exact same options before:

[​IMG]

So what are the advantages of installing PAX drivers? How the above options are different for you compare to factory Win 10 drivers? Am I doing anything wrong? How the PAX driver is different from Creative driver? Can you post some pics?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  16. sambul18

sambul18 New Member

Could you explain what you mean? What files from what package & folder I need to copy to what Win 10 64-bit folder? And then what - reboot with Sig off? Should I rename the old driver in that folder?

17. Robert McClelland

No need the suite has the win ten driver fully working there was issue with cab support now it's fix
    9/24/15 is the lastest set Make sure driver reads that date. :) if does your good to go

18. sambul18

sambul18 New Member

Hi Robert,

I installed initially the driver from your last 2016 package, but it didn't show up in Device Manager, may be I should login with Sig off before running install? The date was 9/04/2015 , not 9/24/2015. Should I install Creative native Win 10 driver first, and then PAX driver?

Then I installed your stand alone Win10 driver package OK:
    [​IMG]

But it has problems. The Mic most of the time doesn't work in any mode. Rebooting PC or clicking Creative Restore Defaults doesn't fix these issues. The Mic works well with integrated Realtek Audio, but SB card can give better audio quality from Mic if working normally.

Also when Headphones are connected, Speakers are not auto disconnected, no matter what settings you choose in Creative Control Panel - Headphone Detection. When scrolling pages in any web browser, some scrolling noise is heard in the headphones, but not through speakers.

Thanks for your driver mods and support. :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  19. sambul18

sambul18 New Member

Tried to reinstall, no lack. Forget to mention, I've a PC case with front panel audio. Signal from it is split to Realtek Audio on the Mobo and SB audio card using shipped with the case splitting Intel HD Audio cable. I also bought Front panel audio adapter cable for creative sound card that connects SB card front panel audio connector to that splitting cable, so both SB card and Realtek are hooked to Front Panel connectors. May be there's a mismatch in connectors pinout that results in such problems?

Is it still required to install Creative native drivers first, and then install PAX Win 10 driver on top of it?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  20. Robert McClelland

Ya the Creative driver needs be install first then mine disabled driver sign then go threw have disk