PAX_SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_08_2016V1.00.7z Supports Windows 7 up to Windows 10.

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Z/ZX/ZXR' started by Robert McClelland, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Ieppo

Ieppo New Member

And you are trying to install these drivers for Sound Blaster Z/ZX?

2. Cheatyx

Cheatyx New Member

Dont work for ZxR, i tried it.

3. LedHed

LedHed Jr in Electrical Engineering @ NC State University

I am running a modified ZxR (direct coupled modification) and have Burson V5-OPA-S and V5-OPA-D op-amps installed.

I am a reviewer for Burson Audio and Orange Amplification, which lead me back here as I search for the highest fidelity PC audio.

I saw people talking about bass improvements with these drivers vs the stock ones. Then I saw someone say a general 5.1 improvement. Can anybody elaborate a little more on the fidelity improvements they heard in the sound using these drivers?

I am trying to determine if these are worth the time it takes to uninstall Creative's drivers and install these modified ones (ASIO isn't a big concern for me)

Are these based on "SBZxR_CD_L13_1_01_05"? Thanks for any info that yall can provide.

If interested, take a look at my site (still new, but I have one detailed review posted) www.zosoncsu.com

LoccOtHaN likes this.
  4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

There be soon go the z seies ready :) ill try do zrx next ill released z series in a day or two

LedHed likes this.
  5. LoccOtHaN

LoccOtHaN Ne01

Be Nike Just Do It :D
    I will give them a go... Rob THX for the works :)

6. LedHed

Sound card drivers are notoriously finicky and it doesn't even have to be the driver itself, sometimes the OS and hardware just don't like each other! I worked in IT as a lead hardware tech for 6 years before returning to college for my bachelors in EE.

I have been working on/modding PCs for around 15 years and the only drivers I regularly update are motherboard related and GPU. This is why I am asking for someone to elaborate more on the improvements they have experienced with these drivers, especially regarding 5.1 improvements.

If they produce a large enough change in the sound quality I may consider publishing a review down the road. Got some stuff backed up on the line of hardware reviews, but I'd be interested if this is true.

Sounds great! Thanks Rob!

I just noticed that I joined these forums only 3 years after you! We are getting old!

7. Robert McClelland

Sorry bit delay my desk be going into other room my parnets putting new carpet in my old room. Drivers be out on Friday.

8. LoccOtHaN

LoccOtHaN Ne01

9. Robert McClelland

Guys if something ever happens to this forum i'll have be over guru3d posting drivers just incased one day if does close because lacking of stuff here :)

10. Robert McClelland

look here lol [​IMG] my own 40 birthday gift mx 300 525gb :) few weeks early hehe

LoccOtHaN likes this.
  11. LoccOtHaN

LoccOtHaN Ne01

lol :D It's M.2. ?
    I have 2xSSD Samm 512 Pro + SanDisk 128GB all 550MB +
    Now i have MB with M.2. slot so i will dig it after Vega :)

12. Robert McClelland

Nope just normal SSD lol

13. LedHed

So I have a request (if this is possible), can you make the daughter board's RCA line-level inputs compatible with Crystal Voice?

Quote from another thread:

"I am running a NADY CM100 to a Roll Mini-Mic Preamp that gives me XLR and 1/4" mono outputs. I then run a 1/4" to RCA cable from the Rolls Preamp to the ZXr daughter-board's RCA (line level) inputs.

You can't (or shouldn't) run a mic that requires phantom power into a standard 1/4" mic input because that input is amplified/boosted and you could even damage the mic. So yes, we are unable to use CrystalVoice if you are running your recording device into line level RCA inputs."

If you do that, see if you can get those idiots to remove a 10 year ban on me for "talking about NVIDIA hardware in the ATI section" (yes, ATI, not AMD = OLD). It's not like I was cussing, posting nudity, threatening, bullying, etc. They did this for posting benchmarks...

I am not joking either, the official ban says this:

[​IMG]

Morbias I believe was the name of the moderator who got so upset over showing NVIDIA (GTX 295) benchmarks back when it launched. I was a member of over 9 years with over 8000 posts when they did this and I have requested the ban be lifted many times over the last 10 years. At this point I only care if something like what you said happens and then I am locked out of the discussions.

You would think Guru3D would be satisfied with their punishment on me by now. What is so risky about putting me on probation and monitoring my posts or limiting the number of posts per day, etc.

They have moderators over there with huge power trips. I would love for someone to start a thread that says "Free LedHed - Year 10" and ask them to explain why I can't be let back in.

How many moderators at Guru3D are Electrical Engineering students/grads and/or have their own website and are professional reviewers? I have never been banned from any other forum in my life.

14. P.a.N.i.C

P.a.N.i.C New Member

I'll ask Hilbert, the site administrator, to have a look at your ban. No promises, but if what you're saying above is true and it was just a misunderstanding that happened, then that particular mod overstepped their authority, especially for the reason of the ban he/she gave. Hilbert is a very understanding guy, hope all goes well and the ban gets lifted.

EDIT: I've directed Hilbert to have a look at your post above.

LedHed likes this.
  15. LedHed

I have spoken to Hilbert through "contact site admin" on Guru3D. However it has been so many years I can't remember what he said and I don't think there are email records of the correspondence.

When they initially banned me I was obviously upset since I had put in hundreds of hours talking to people in that community and then out of nowhere I stepped on the toes of a moderator by posting benchmarks. So I made another account and posted in the same thread they banned me in under a user name "WWJD" (What would Jesus do).

This was supposedly Morbias's "evidence" to get me perma-banned over discussing hardware. I will try to see if I can find the thread and maybe this stupidity can come to an end.

Thank you for anything you do to try and squash this ban for me.

Here you can see some of my posts history: http://forums.guru3d.com/search.php?searchid=9689455

Edit: I DO have email copies of my formal apologies to Hilbert. Here is an excerpt written 11/8/09:

"I know I have been accused of trolling over a long period of time, but that was never what I intended. Guru3D is hardware community and we discuss hardware, some people like cowie don’t go into the ATI section because of what happens sometimes. I go into all the sections and post under anything that interests me. People act like I’m just going around posting about my own card and call this trolling, but I would be saying the exact same things if I bought a GTX 275 instead and I sort of wish I did seeing how much hate comes from owning the card and mentioning the higher performance vs newer ATI tech in mutli-core optimized games. I mean Hilbert, these are hardware/software discussions, it’s not like I’m in there baiting people to fight with me by posting just utter BS. To have an intelligent community cut off from me that shares the same interest is really disheartening."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob: Do you think it is possible to get CrystalVoice to work with the line in AUX RCA inputs on the ZXr daughter-board ?

Last edited: May 6, 2017