PAX_SBZxR_CD_L13_1_01_05V1.00

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Z/ZX/ZXR' started by Robert McClelland, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

2. LedHed

LedHed Jr in Electrical Engineering @ NC State University

OH my! I can't believe I missed this post!

Looking forward to testing these out. This is your latest ZXr driver release correct?

3. Ieppo

Ieppo New Member

Anyone know how to get windows 10 creator update into test mode? Atleast for me
    bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

commands doesn't work anymore. Worked fine before =/

4. illetyus

illetyus New Member

Hello from Turkey guys.
    I installed this driver (did a clean install, uninstalled the original driver) but i have a problem with it.
    I can not use Creative-Z program with this driver, is this a bug? I can get sound from the card. No problem with it but can not use original program.
    I disabled driver signature thing. Restarted. Did everything.
    You see, there is no "Creative ZXR" in my "Audio devices" menu. (Hoparlör means speaker)

My specs:
    Asus Maximus VII
    I7 4790k cpu
    16GB DDR3, 2400mhz ram
    MSI Gaming X 1070

What can i do? Am i doing something wrong? Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Robert McClelland

Did you installed the official driver first then mine? then go threw have disk?

6. illetyus

illetyus New Member

Thank God you answered :)
    I am a foreigner. What do you mean by saying "then go threw have disk?"

I installed official driver.
    And then MODIFY with yours?
    Do you have a youtube video for PAX driver beginners?

7. Robert McClelland

Have disk threw device manager :) then search the ctHda threw that way? Remember instead official driver then disable driver then go threw have disk :)

8. illetyus

illetyus New Member

Man, i wish you had a installation video...
    So it goes like this?

1) I install the official driver
    2) I go device manager and disable Creative ZXR
    3) I reboot the computer without Driver signature thing.
    4) I install your driver WITH A DVD DISC (I burn your driver to a DVD)?
    5) I install it manually
    6) Enjoy

Any mistakes?

9. mohal

mohal Member

illetyus, after your first step :

Guide on how to install the Sound Blaster Z/ZX/(ZXR) PAX Drivers:

STEP 1: For Windows 7/8/8.1/10 users:
    Run the installer executable first provided in the downloader.
    Make sure to restart the computer first when the installation is done before moving on to the next step. (Setup.exe in the root folder of the driver folder)

STEP 2:
    Then you will need to disable driver signature enforcement
    For Windows 7: Hit F8 repeatedly when turning on your computer (better to do after the motherboard bios splash logo, if the F8 key for some reason is used for some bios key.)
    Then select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' via navigating with the arrow keys and hit enter.

For Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 users: (Source: Microsoft Support post)
    a. Press the Win key or Windows Start button on keyboard and click on settings.
    b. Switch over to the “Update & recovery” section.
    c. Then click on the Recovery option on the left hand side.
    d. Once selected, you will see an advanced startup section appear on the right hand side. You will need to click on the “Restart now” button.
    e. Once your Computer has rebooted you will need to choose the Troubleshoot option.
    f. Then head into Advanced options.
    g. Then Startup Settings.
    h. Since we are modifying boot time configuration settings, you will need to restart your computer one last time.
    I. Here you will be given a list of startup settings that you can change. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the F7 key.

STEP 3: After disabling driver signature enforcement. You'll need to install the PAX Soundblaster driver ini file. In order to do this, press Win + R which will open the run window. Type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter. The device manager window should open.

On the device manager window, look for Sound, Video and game controllers and double click on it to expand the list of devices under that.

Select the Sound Blaster Z/Zx/ZxR by double clicking it's name, another window will appear. Click on the driver tab on that new window then click on the 'Update Driver...' button.

Click on -> Browse my computer for driver software and click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer then click on the 'Have disk...' button.

Another window will appear then you click on the 'Browse...' button which will then open up another window for you to select a file from the window. Navigate to where you downloaded and extracted your PAX driver file and head to this file directory that relates to this.

\Audio\program files\Creative\Sound Blaster Z-Series\Program\Driver'

Select the 'ctHda.inf' file. and hit open. You can also double click on the file.
    Select the device driver listed on the prompts when following through the device driver wizard and allow it to install the PAX Sound Blaster device driver.

Once the device driver installation completes, restart your computer when prompted to.

Note: You may also need to reconfigure your Sound Blaster Control Panel settings and the windows volume again.

Thats it! You're done

10. illetyus

illetyus New Member

YOU AND MCLLENAND ARE MY HEROES :)))) THANK YOU!!
    Is there a way to verify whether i use pax or not?

I think i did it as my driver says "It is not signed" :)
    Driver date is : 10.04.2017 (Tenth of april)
    Driver version: 6.0.102.50

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  11. mohal

mohal Member

There is 2 methods to verify:

1) You can check by looking in the folder of your Windows, in the subfolder System32 and/or SysWOW64: if you see files like 2.1SurroundSound.ini Subwoofer.ini, Treble.ini, Optimize.ini, Audio Improvment.ini,etc., normally it's good.

2) On the device manager window, look for Sound, Video and game controllers and double click on it to expand the list of devices under that.
    Select the Sound Blaster Z/Zx/ZxR by double clicking it's name, click on the driver tab on that new window then click on 'Driver details' (or equivalent, i don't know the exact term in english),
    on the new window if you see files like 2.1SurroundSound.ini, Subwoofer.ini, Treble.ini, Optimize.ini, Audio Improvment.ini,etc., normally it's good.

I think method 2 is the best to see it.