PAX_XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0015_2017v1.00 Titanium Driver

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by Robert McClelland, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

2. demonixient

demonixient Member

Can you please also make driver for Windows 8.1 x64?

3. Robert McClelland

Lol windows 8 really dead my friend ill see if still got driver for 8

4. demonixient

demonixient Member

Do you only provide support for Windows 10 now? No more support for Windows 7 or 8.1? I mostly need latest and stable 8.1 drivers.

I currently use PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite 2015 V1.15 Default Tweak Edition.

5. Robert McClelland

I'll do try do the driver for you for 8 I only take special request now I'm not to worry getting drivers being done unless people need them badly with the tweaks :) I'm 40 now I don't want push doing the drivers when I'm 50 in ten years lol

6. demonixient

demonixient Member

Haha, I understand and I really appreciate you taking the time to help me! Hopefully by the time you are 50, I will have upgraded to Windows 10 by then. :D

7. demonixient

demonixient Member

I finally had time to test these drivers with Windows 10 x64.

I was able to get your drivers to work, but only after installing XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0015 from Creative. Everything seems to work.

My two issues are:
    1) Console Launcher was not installed. I find this more accurate to set than using Creatiive's audio control panel. I was able to get Console Launcher installed and working from PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite 2015 V1.15 Default Tweak Edition, however I did not feel comfortable mixing the two drivers.

2) For some reason I found the 2015 v1.15 drivers had better sound than these 2017 v1.00 drivers. I do not not feel very comfortable editting INI files for my speakers. When I say better sound, I mean more bass and treblle - punchier.

Thank you very much so far. I look forward to your Windows 8.1 effort for me. ;):D

8. Suku

Suku New Member

Pax Drive is back :O
    I'll try later only need disable drive sign? Do not need to install anything before?

9. demonixient

demonixient Member

I think you should install Creative driver first, then install PAX.

I just hope Robert can now make Console Launcher work and improve the tweaks.

Suku likes this.
  10. Robert McClelland

its very hard to do I try but there no new one to work with :(

11. demonixient

demonixient Member

I have been forced to upgrade to Windows 10 now. Your drivers work nicely, so I am very happy. Console Launcher isn't such a big deal now. But I would like the tweaks as the sound is not as bassy as I would like.

Where are the bass/treble/etc settings located? In a file, or in registry? Where exactly?

12. Robert McClelland

there in the inf search the bass treble files and lower the sound % in them you have save after you done. Easy way to do work in main infs save then reinstalled the driver again

13. demonixient

demonixient Member

Sorry, I meant the settings in Console Launcher or Creative Control Panel. Is there a way to backup my current settings to a registry file or copy some file?

14. Robert McClelland

This just download the driver if you have to again start over to do the percents in volume changes and make a copy all the infs then work in them

15. Robert McClelland

use the control panel

16. Blackspace

Blackspace New Member

Registered just to say a few words...

I've disabled driver signature but the driver software itself will prompt you that you have to restart windows prior to installing the drivers. Which i did and then continued the installation but the driver is not installed, hence i went back to the 2016 W10 tweaked driver suite, guess what?

None of it's softwares and driver was installed. I must emphasis again: NONE. Tons of error 1-001, Doinstall things and stuff.

pls fix.

17. Robert McClelland

Did you install the official driver first then mine after? Ill try rebuild but let me know.

18. lanc3lot

lanc3lot New Member

In your next rebuild, can you also put Creative Control Panel???

19. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 New Member

Hi Rob! Thanks for these, they installed fine after installing the official ones.I'm on Win10 Creators Update.
    A thing I've discovered though, is that the official 2.40.0015 has a problem with Watch Dogs 2 freeze/crash.
    Been trying to nail down the source for months on my end and finally it revealed itself a couple days ago.
    I clean out Creative drivers using DriverSweeper 2.0 and manually afterwards in safe mode (just some info).
    Now so far, all Win10 Beta drivers leading up to XX.15, i.e., XX.11, XX.14 (haven't tested XX.12), don't seem to have the issue.
    Even the "other guy's" driver pack based on XX.15 is the same, I even installed just the driver through device manager with no other creative modules and same thing, so it's the driver itself.
    The freeze almost always happens when I shoot at a NPC, right after the "bullet" hits the target, i.e., after you hear the contact, instant freeze then crash to desktop.
    Other games I have don't seem to have an issue with XX.15, but one game is one too many for me.
    As a result I've gone back to using your PAX 2.40.0011 set.

No need to install the official ones beforehand, just disable driver signature enforcement and run setup (for those interested).

The difference in performance between XX.15 and XX.11 is only noticed in benchmarks, with XX.15 adding a lil bit more points in FireStrike final score.Gaming wise it's not noticeable.

So only thing I can conclude, is that 2.40.0015 (official and modded) causes a memory leak or something to occur in certain games.

Thanks again though Rob for not forgetting us like Creative has...lol! :)